my smoky mountain adventure!

oldschoolsdime92

So my girlfriend and I have ventured down to the smoky mountains for the past week. This is the first time I have had internet service since we have been down here. I have tons of pics. Its been a blast for the most part. We rented a cabin in the echota resort from american cabin rentals.http://www.americanmountainrentals.com/cabins/ahunkahunkaburninglove.html HUGE mistake. The cabin had quite a bit wrong with it. hot tub cycled its pump continuously, the jacuzzi tub was filthy. I called about it and they made a huge deal about it and nothing ever happend. Cabin had a weird vibe all around to it. A private owner owns it, and american cabin rentals rent them out. The place had keyless entry. The front door locked on a code, and there was a brinks alarm. Upon arrival, when I unlocked the door, I immediatly noticed that the front door had been kicked in at one time or another. the door jam was broke, and someone had half ass moved the striker plate over and screwed it back in. Made me sorta on edge the rest of the time we were at the cabin. Along with the hot tub cycling nonstop, I didnt sleep much for the next few days. Thursday we went for a drive in the mountain, went over to cades cove saw a few bears and some cubs. Went and drove the dragon. Good time, glad i drove the dragon before i ever came to ride it. I dont think i will come ride it due to the jackasses i ran into on a thursday afternoon. We got back to the cabin late thursday night and i noticed some oil spots in the parking area that wern't there before. I kinda had a bad feeling about things. Felt like we were being watched and things just didnt seem right. We packed up, and rolled out to a hotel. The next morning we swung by the cabin to make sure we didnt forget anything in the haste, I walked in to smell a strong womens perfume, baby powderish. Towels by the tub were wet, and water was in the tub and there were real long black hairs on the side of the tub. ( I have short brown hair, girlfriend has short red hair). At this point I was livid. I went to the cabin rental place and the guy in the office got real shitty with me. He wanted to know why I hadnt called the police when I noticed oil spots the night before and so on. I finelly just walked away. So needless to say if any of you go to stay in a cabin, stay away from american cabin rentals.! Here are some pics of our stay and I will post up more about the trip. sorry for the rant hada get the cabin bit off my chest.

030.jpg

031.jpg

032.jpg

dont rent with these guys! terriable customer service!

039.jpg

muscle car mueseum

040.jpg

043.jpg

044.jpg

045.jpg

I thought this was crazy

047.jpg

046.jpg

049.jpg

z06

050.jpg

051.jpg

some never belived me...chevrolet did make a 302..

058.jpg

059.jpg

064.jpg

roaring fork trail-found this by mistake. missed a turn in gatlinburg

067.jpg

069.jpg

070.jpg

my goofy ass

073.jpg

075.jpg

076.jpg

089.jpg

094.jpg

109.jpg

110.jpg

121.jpg

120.jpg

126-1.jpg

127.jpg

tail of the dragon

129-1.jpg

130.jpg

137.jpg

145.jpg

146.jpg

foothills parkway.. i saw an f3 with the f3 body work. Ive only seen one other in person other than mine.

148-1.jpg

149.jpg

151.jpg

the girl in the mustang dumped the clutch, and hit the curb, i thought she was going over the side of the mountain!

157.jpg

gatlinburg

159.jpg

160.jpg

lil tenesee mud

162.jpg

163.jpg

164.jpg

169.jpg

165.jpg

170.jpg

found the swimmin hole

173.jpg

174.jpg

Edited by oldschoolsdime92

My wife and I rented a cabin through American Patriot Getaways in Sky Harbor resort, and had a totally opposite experience. Hope you had better weather than we did, it rained every day we were there!

we did alittle mountain cruising today and I saw the sky harbour resort. Super nice place. Its only rained in little spats, and ive driven every road in the mountains that are labeled on a map. beautiful place. I cant wait to come and ride. Although i wont be riding deals gap. I drove deals gap and the amount of jackasses riding was rediculas. The sport bike guys were great. The harley guys.......not so much. got passed in blind corners, they would pass and barley make the next corner and so forth. The sport bike guys would get behind me and just cruise untill i had a chance to pull over, they would honk and wave and keep on goin! The road was amazing, and I would be down to ride if there were so many jackasses.

hotel has been wonderful.Been the most relaxing two days of the entire trip. We have seen a total of 6 bears now. Today a bear walked across the street infront of us, up near the sky harbor, and i thought wow someones dog got out, and upon closer look it was a black bear about the size of a german sheperd. Right now my internet connection is hit and miss so tomarow or monday, I will post pics. I took monday off work to ride if anyone wants to ride!

I was just down in that same area Aug 5-9th. It was sooooo fun. I too saw my first bear, in the road as I was coming around a bend -- it was a cub, and he darted off in a hurry. I didn't stop to look or try to snap a pic, but I remember it vividly (on Rt 360). Got off the bike one day and went whitewater rafting down the Ocoee river. Beautiful area. Highly recommended for anyone who hasn't been there.

-Dave