Another one down

JayW

Geez.... when are these people going to learn? Between dumb fucking riders killing themselves and drivers just not paying attention (not in the case, but many others), as motorcyclists we're becoming a dying breed.

Also this on that same page:

One injured in motorcycle accident on route 541

http://www.whiznews.com/article.php?articleId=26749

Motorcycle Crash Leave 1 Man Injured

Sun, Aug 16, 2009. 10:06 PM

By: Emily Baird

A Newark man is sent to the hospital this afternoon after an accident on State Route 541.

It happened just after 1 p.m.

The Coshocton County Sheriff's Office says Allan Myers was driving a 2005 Honda Superhawk eastbound when he lost control of his motorcycle. It says he went off the right side of the road and was ejected.

Myers was wearing a helmet but was flown by Medflight to Grant Medical Center in Columbus for his injuries. He is listed in fair condition.

The Sheriff's Office says speed was a factor in the accident.

Geez.... when are these people going to learn? Between dumb fucking riders killing themselves and drivers just not paying attention (not in the case, but many others), as motorcyclists we're becoming a dying breed.

Well, hopefully only the idiot motorcyclists will be gone....

That being said, we had a dumbass in a white SUV lanesplit us on the exit ramp in CBus... I ride pretty close to the curb anyway and I saw her coming so no biggie, but my friend in front of me almost got side swiped.

When we pulled up next to her at a light he was screaming, I was just watching... she was dancing and singing her song looking him right in the face... It's those kind of people I hope run face first into a cement wall, choke on the food they are eating and bleed out while choking....

Just saying... the good news is I remained pretty calm and let it go pretty quickly (compared to how I used to be)

Had bike for 2.5-3 months. Been run off road 8 times already. Every one was douchebag on 4 wheels not looking and no signal. Hell had a little chick in a stang almost intro me to the cheese grater today crossed 2 lanes no signal to exit 33 to 70W. I let her know several times she was the #1 driver on the road

Had bike for 2.5-3 months. Been run off road 8 times already. Every one was douchebag on 4 wheels not looking and no signal. Hell had a little chick in a stang almost intro me to the cheese grater today crossed 2 lanes no signal to exit 33 to 70W. I let her know several times she was the #1 driver on the road

lol, but my friend did, and she just stared at him singing the song on the radio and dancing... It's the fact the woman SAW us and KNEW she pissed us off but couldn't care less.

Given the area we surmised she was probably on crack or PCP.

That being said, we had a dumbass in a white SUV lanesplit us on the exit ramp in CBus... I ride pretty close to the curb anyway and I saw her coming so no biggie, but my friend in front of me almost got side swiped.

When we pulled up next to her at a light he was screaming, I was just watching... she was dancing and singing her song looking him right in the face...

*SIGH* I have been SO embarrassed and ashamed of women drivers lately. What's going ON?? Too much carelessness and too many distractions. Knowing good and damn well that most of our households would implode if Mommy/Wifey/Girlfriend didn't come home due to a dumb accident.

When are we going to stop putting on mascara during rush hour?? Just get tinted windows! That way no one will see you until you can get to the bathroom at work.

*SIGH* I have been SO embarrassed and ashamed of women drivers lately. What's going ON?? Too much carelessness and too many distractions. Knowing good and damn well that most of our households would implode if Mommy/Wifey/Girlfriend didn't come home due to a dumb accident.

When are we going to stop putting on mascara during rush hour?? Just get tinted windows! That way no one will see you until you can get to the bathroom at work.

I know I am getting ready to torch a powder keg here but read my words slowly. I majority of knucklehead driving moments I have seen have been done by women. I don't think that just being a woman makes you a bad driver, but in general, I don't think most women get everything phyically that goes on with driving, and are way too insulated in their cars. And most of the times that I have been ruf off the road/close calls have been with a XX chromosome at the wheel.

But don't take any shame for the fairer of the species' shit driving habits CO2. Unless you are out there slinging your cage around while tarting yourself up a bit, let the guilty wear their own shame.

I don't think that just being a woman makes you a bad driver, but in general, I don't think most women get everything phyically that goes on with driving, and are way too insulated in their cars. And most of the times that I have been ruf off the road/close calls have been with a XX chromosome at the wheel.

I think there might be some truth to that though, real talk. For the longest time, The only understanding I had of a motor vehicle was the ignition and the radio.

The change in understanding came when I started this job several years ago.. and then of course when I started riding. 99.5% of my female friends label me as certifiably insane for being a motorcycle enthusiast, but they are the same ones who will tend to a baby in the back seat, change the radio station and take a phone call simultaneously, while barrelling down the interstate at 80 mph in a Yukon Denali (windows up and sealed of course... pesky wind is noisy and messes up the hair LOL)

RIP....

today morning way to work a senior citizen cut me off without any signal......did not honk or anything just pulled next to him in the other lane to catch his attention...I was in 2nd and thought he will at least hear me...sorry I was wrong.......:rolleyes:

Uh-oh, RVT opened up the can of worms! Honestly, I have had an equal number of close calls with males and females. I haven't had a huge number, hence being able to recall them all. The closest call came when some genius guy decided to pass me on the right as I was making a right turn. I was inches from the back of his bumper as he flew past me. I wouldn't have even seen that hit coming if he would have been going a tad slower. Scary, scary, scary!

RIP....

today morning way to work a senior citizen cut me off without any signal......did not honk or anything just pulled next to him in the other lane to catch his attention...I was in 2nd and thought he will at least hear me...sorry I was wrong.......:rolleyes:

No good.

Had bike for 2.5-3 months. Been run off road 8 times already. Every one was douchebag on 4 wheels not looking and no signal.

That seems disproportionally high. I'm not trying to pick on you personally, but I would maybe take a look at your riding habits, and try to ride more defensively. I realize that there will always be instances where you are stuck in a situation and can't really do much about it, but 8 times in 3 months? That's crazy.

Some friends got hit On Sancus Blvd. last year leaving bike night by a woman driving an F150 TALKING ON HER CELL phone. The guy lost his leg from the knee down and the girl has had multiple surgeries on her heel so she can stand/walk. They were going straight thru a green light and the woman turned left right into them. T-bone style. They are very lucky to be alive.

added joke

That seems disproportionally high. I'm not trying to pick on you personally, but I would maybe take a look at your riding habits, and try to ride more defensively. I realize that there will always be instances where you are stuck in a situation and can't really do much about it, but 8 times in 3 months? That's crazy.

Try bein skinny cracker ridin the area of main and champion.

And I had to add this. Quote from friend other week out at club. Soon after he got knocked off his chair by his girl

"Why are we givin women licenses anyway? Ain't no road between the kitchen and the bedroom!"

Edited by Lunatik3
added joke

Some friends got hit On Sancus Blvd. last year leaving bike night by a woman driving an F150 TALKING ON HER CELL phone. The guy lost his leg from the knee down and the girl has had multiple surgeries on her heel so she can stand/walk. They were going straight thru a green light and the woman turned left right into them. T-bone style. They are very lucky to be alive.

Ugh no good, there seriously should be larger penalties for negligence in a vehicle... it's a multi-THOUSAND POUND rolling object... imho, mandatory sentences.

Why is it that these youg new riders can wear what ever ride like who cares and then wonder why this shit happens to them? The guy on friday night, darvis, I knew him. I saw him several times ridin like a fool I even told him more than once that shit was gonna catch up with him. I don't want to get on my soapbox but damn! The sportbikes of today are so fast that they can get away from you in a split second. In my drivers ed class they made us watch gory videos of kids driving wreckless and the results. Maybe there should be something like this for motorcycle endorsment.

Why is it that these youg new riders can wear what ever ride like who cares and then wonder why this shit happens to them? The guy on friday night, darvis, I knew him. I saw him several times ridin like a fool I even told him more than once that shit was gonna catch up with him. I don't want to get on my soapbox but damn! The sportbikes of today are so fast that they can get away from you in a split second. In my drivers ed class they made us watch gory videos of kids driving wreckless and the results. Maybe there should be something like this for motorcycle endorsment.

because some pussy ass kids mom would say it was to gory and her kid would have night mares. :rulez: you forget america is about raising a bunch of non-confrontational wimps that need to be spoon feed and never need to take responsibility for themselves.