Riding suit question

smashweights

So i'm really wanting to sign up for the novice motorcycle track course Sept. 19th (and possibly 20th) at Mid Ohio and am trying to sort out my gear needs. Do leather track pants that zip just in the back to the jacket, like my Astars jacket will do, qualify as a 2 piece suit? otherwise i'm just gonna try and pick up a 1-piecer.

they never checked my suit and there was a dude running with us who had a jumpsuit or painter's suit. on the real, I'm pretty sure you can get away with almost anything that looks like a suit in novice

Per STT's website:

- One or two piece leathers. Two piece leather suits must zip together for Novice, Intermediate or Advanced groups. Ballistic nylon suits such as Joe Rocket, AeroStitch etc. are acceptable in the Novice and Intermediate Group only provided they are either one piece or two piece that zip together with 50% zipper contact, reinforced and padded shoulders, elbows, hips, and knee areas. No chaps.

Now I don't know what mid-ohio will require under their new staff. Either way be smart and get the correct gear. You don't want to have you skin being chewed up.

just buy a 1 piece, there are a lot of good deals out there and its not hard to pick a decent suit for under $500. you can either ride it a couple track days and sell it to make your money back or wear it till up wipe and get a new one. depending on your price range stt has some nice teknic suits in the $800 range.

i'm gonna go up to IP today and try some onesies on. and yeah APCh8r, my priority isn't passing, but being safe.

Also, how much do they charge for a new tire day of the track day? cause my rear PP has about 5k miles on it, probably has another 4k left in it as most of the miles are mild commuter riding, but i doubt it'll pass their 70% rule.

i'm gonna go up to IP today and try some onesies on. and yeah APCh8r, my priority isn't passing, but being safe.

Also, how much do they charge for a new tire day of the track day? cause my rear PP has about 5k miles on it, probably has another 4k left in it as most of the miles are mild commuter riding, but i doubt it'll pass their 70% rule.

Tire service is not provided for every event for STT, so your best bet would be to get it done before going up. Also for Mid-Ohio there will be no tire service as they have no tire contract. The Michelin deals were through STT directly.

can you get your elbows between your knees if you crouch down?

if not it might be one size too small. snug is good yes, and what i thought at first but went a whole year before i realized it was indeed too small, i would lose circulation from the knee down whenever i was in my suit.

also dont forget to factor in a back and chest protector to fitment. i usually toss whatever back protector they "provide" in the suit and use my own. Plus, i believe once you move to at least I group (or A group i dont remember) they require a separate back protector, the one in the suit will not pass.

Edited by natedogg624