Lost on Sunday KY ride!

AfroCBR

Hello all,

I wanted to post up and tell everyone that I am indeed OK! I got lost from the "medium" pack after we hit up 126 (I think that's the road). I had told everyone to go ahead because I wanted to fix my gloves...I had seen everyone take the right and about 45 seconds later I took that right and hauled ass at like 110 mph....apparently I must have missed the next turn and continued for about 30 miles down 68 (not sure the route).

After about an hour of searching I figured I was lost so I would just head back up to Dayton. I stopped at a gas station and asked them if they knew where I-75 was. The lady chuckled (I found out later why) and said head east for about 45 miles or so and you will get to Lexington. Since I have never been to Lexington, I was unaware of how far away that was from Dayton. After about 50 miles I saw signs for 75 North. I remember from riding into Kentucky from Dayton before that the exits start at about 195 and get lower...I should tell you guys that I have ridden 22 before and know that it is exit 159 off of 75. As I was entering the highway it was my hope that I was somewhere near exit 150....to my surprise I was at exit 110!!!!! And it said 80 miles to Cincinnati!! LOL...

Needless to say I put a shit-ton of miles on my bike yesterday (it was great though) and filled up 4 times!! Sorry about worrying my fellow riders if I did. I had told a new friend Kyle to let everyone know that I was OK but perhaps he was unable to relay this message. I look forward to riding this route again with all of you....that was too much fun!!!! Ride safe everyone and shiny side up!

~Darius

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also wanted to give a shout out to mello....I believe that was your name bro...the route leader...you did a great job...I have your number now and if I get lost next time I will hit you up...lol...sorry if I gave you a scare my man!

~Darius

:lol: Awesome story!

That's a good bad feeling to find someting you know and think you'll be getting home shortly only to find that you've got 100 miles of interstate.

true that my man...it was crazy....i think i need new tires :rolleyes:

GPS adds to my piece of mind, I can explore roads etc without worrying about where I am. When it's time to go, I just hit the home button.

this my friend, is the next mod I am installing....I already have the gps...and already found a post on how to do it....just need to do the damn thing!

Darius

this my friend, is the next mod I am installing....I already have the gps...and already found a post on how to do it....just need to do the damn thing!

Darius

Well Darius had I went on the ride we both could have been lost together! I anticipate the same thing happening to me as well ...I definitely need a GPS. I have to tie a string to the door knob from the living room to the bathroom or I'll get lost..:D

yea...to clarify things...it wasn't that no one waited up for me...I think I just went too fast past where the turn was...it was 100% my fault....you are all stand up guys and I look forward to doing this route again...hopefully sometime this week....if you guys can give me another chance that is....

yea...to clarify things...it wasn't that no one waited up for me...I think I just went too fast past where the turn was...it was 100% my fault....you are all stand up guys and I look forward to doing this route again...hopefully sometime this week....if you guys can give me another chance that is....

i may run it this wed about 1030

hey quick question for all of you....do you know if there is a way to put a route into a gps....like I realize that you can go to somewhere...but can you plug a route into a Garmin...thx guys!

"Most" Gamin's give you the ability to add routes, you have to make sure your model is one of them. I have not had one that does not allow you to do this, but I assume if that was the case you could still add intersections as waypoints and it would be the same thing.