super moto thoughts thrown out the window..

oldschoolsdime92

Well I went to check out the wr250x as a secondary bike, and I cant even touch the ground on it! I would have to lower it a good 3 inchs, if not more. And im not into that idea. I found a few new bikes, and discovered I really like the more upright naked standard look. . The suzuki gladius, and the kawi en6r. I am leaning toward the all black gladius. Its basically an updated sv650. Does anyone here ride an sv? whats your thoughts on the 650 power plant? I love my f3, but I want something little more comfortable. How is suzuki as far as reliability goes?

I sat on the gladius, and immediately felt at home. Hopefully I will have it before the season is over and get some miles on it. How is the power going to feel compared to my f3? (its jetted and a k&n an full vance and hines exhaust)I really wish I could just test ride one, but not many places do that.

KTM Duke!!!! There's a shop in Columbus that has them.

If the Wr250 is too tall the duke will be too right? But Dukes are awesome. Especially Daisy. :D

My manliness won't allow me to tell you to get a Gladius. Sry.

But used upright nekkids are easy to come by. Of course I'll recommend the Z1000 or Z750. but for a little smaller bike Also a SV650 Nekkid would be a good choice. I wasn't a fan of the S. Or the Yami FZ-6 (upright R-6).

I have read good things about the Kawi 650 you mentioned too.

Good luck with the bike hunt.

Well I went to check out the wr250x as a secondary bike, and I cant even touch the ground on it! I would have to lower it a good 3 inchs, if not more. And im not into that idea.

Just get some Gene Simmons boots, or screw some 4x4's to the bottom of your riding boots. :D

Well I went to check out the wr250x as a secondary bike, and I cant even touch the ground on it!

your feet reach the pegs right? thats where they go when you're riding. hell, its basically a dirtbike. if a 15 year old kid can ride a 250f so can you :)

IMO just lean and stand with one foot.

motard FTW

If the Wr250 is too tall the duke will be too right? But Dukes are awesome. Especially Daisy. :D

Nah, the Duke and SuperDuke are naked street bikes unlike the Duke SM which is a dual-sport. So they have a lower seat height and feel comfy.

2007_KTM_990_Superduke_1r.jpg

love the ktm. don't love the price. I am trying to get out of the f3, but not spend a too much money. As far as the kawi goes, I didn't care for how it felt sitting on it. felt like my hands were real close together, and the reviews were not too great on them. I know a v twin puts down allot of torque but is this thing going to feel like a slug compared to the f3?