Best place to get a Mosin in the Cbus area?

V4junkie

On a limited budget and looking for a fun range gun with lots of character. My research led me to the Mosin Nagant M44. Other suggestions are welcome. This will be my first gun but I do have experience with skeet and a few other guns. I have a few gun nut friends and I'm done being left out. :cool:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't see that last picture, must be blocked from work. Used yours much yet? I think my first purchase will be the rubber butt pad. From what I read it sounds like necessary upgrade. Probably won't put a scope on it unless I take it down to my cousin's in WV.

No have not shot it much at all, sad realy. Was thinking of selling it for a bit due to lack of a place to shoot it. Most of the indoor ranges will not let me shoot it there. One will but only with soft points or hollow points which are real hard to find. They sell the S&B soft points there but charge $32 for 20 rounds. I bought 60 rounds of fmj at the gun show last time for $15. Hell I bought a spam can of russian surplus with my gun for $85 for 440 rounds. Plenty of ammo(500rnds) and no place to shoot it at sucks huh?

I got mine at Buckeye Outdoor, somewhere < $100. It's a great way to punch a fist-sized hole in a man and set his clothes on fire at 100 yds, but good luck finding ammo that an indoor range will let you use. If you have patience to drive to one of the outdoor ranges, or have some land where you can shoot, you'll have a lot of fun with it.

But get the number of a good chiropractor first- it'll hurt like hell until you get used to it.

I got the rubber buttplate from tickbitesupply.com, I think. Like $15. I keep the metal one in my desk drawer so I can re-weaponize it at need. With a bayonet and a metal plate, those things make nasty polearms even if you don't have ammo.

i've already informed V4 of this, but if there's anyone else looking I would be willing to offload my 91/30 and M44 for a reasonable price/trade for 03 CBR600 parts. Bores in good shape, wood stock is in good shape, the 91/30 still has a shine to it but is scratched up a little vs the M44 has no shine but looks better. I just don't shoot them much anymore since trying to find ammo for an indoor range is such a pain in the ass. I also have a bunch of stripper clips for these too.

• 1 year later...

(totally realize I am resurrecting a zombie thread)

I got all excited about the cheapness of this rifle last night, and now this thread is kind of talking me out of it... M1 Garand on Top-Shot got me looking into older high-powered rifles.

Speedy - you still got yours? Every time you call me to go to the range, I'm either at school, or out of town!