Best place to get a Mosin in the Cbus area?

V4junkie

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

easy enough to find ammo for it? What's the total length of the rifle? (may have to hide this one from the wife)

Gun shows tend to have pretty large boxes, other than that you're going to have to hit up more specialized gun shops to find 7.62x54R.

The M91/30 is NOT a small rifle. If you're looking for something more compact you're after a M44, the carbine version with folding bayonet.

easy enough to find ammo for it? What's the total length of the rifle? (may have to hide this one from the wife)

My local shop has it in stock, so I havent had a problem even was given some ammo form a buddy at work. It is a long gun probably 48" or so with out the bayonet.

Sorry sold mine to fund another rifle. They are about as easy to hide as a canoe paddle since they are about the same size as one lol. Ammo is easy to find gun shows sell surplus cheap enough and gander sell soft points for indoor range use for about $12 a box of 20. Might pick one up again if a deal comes by on one?

i have the M91 i bought a tin of 440 rounds (hungarian i think) for $90 at the medina gun show last fall he had $110 on it and i got him down to the $90 in the last 5 min of the show...i also put a sport synthetic stock on mine make it so much nicer to shoot http://www.atigunstocks.com/p-44-mosin-nagant-monte-carlo-stock.aspx ..it some good cheep fun...we set up bricks at about 100 and 150 yards and they almost explode on impact

i have the M91 i bought a tin of 440 rounds (hungarian i think) for $90 at the medina gun show last fall he had $110 on it and i got him down to the $90 in the last 5 min of the show...i also put a sport synthetic stock on mine make it so much nicer to shoot http://www.atigunstocks.com/p-44-mosin-nagant-monte-carlo-stock.aspx ..it some good cheep fun...we set up bricks at about 100 and 150 yards and they almost explode on impact

Original Soviet wood not good enough? Sounds like Ivan needs to pay you a visit...

1281405745929.png

:D

I've been reading more about them over the last few days, and I just don't know if i'd shoot it...

Seems like it would be a decent "SHTF" weapon to just sight in and then leave in the basement until you need it.

By all accounts, they kick like mules and are very loud. but they're cheap to buy, and cheap to fire. That's incredibly appealing to me.

If I find one at a gun show for the right price, i'll probably pick it up. I learned a little about what to look for as far as condition and the quality if the trigger.

should probably get out and shoot my .22 more before I worry aobut picking up something else though. "fist-sized hole" is an intoxicating draw, but enough .22lr rounds will still take down a deer or an intruder in a worst-case scenario.