Sunday 10/22 ride

millerb7

Thanks for the feedback. I mapped the route and plan to ride it this Saturday.

One more question (and I'll probably get flamed for it): Does everyone wear one-piece suits? (I found a vid on YouTube of the road--you guys?--and it looked like the riders had suits on.)

All I've got for now is the usual (gloves, helmet, leather jacket, jeans, boots...). I know my limit and respect others abilities, so I'd likely hang with the slower groups. I heard you divide the group into 3-4 groups.

Bring on Saturday! I'll probably get to the north end of 10 by 9:00.

All I've got for now is the usual (gloves, helmet, leather jacket, jeans, boots...). I know my limit and respect others abilities, so I'd likely hang with the slower groups. I heard you divide the group into 3-4 groups.

thats all you need bro

yeah we divide up into groups, normally start with 2 groups (fast, newer people) and it ends up being a front group, middle group, and then the newer folks who are learning the roads (not slow people, just people who need to learn the roads a few times before they go faster)... almost every single weekend somebody crashes, the past 2 somebody has.... just respect the roads and if you are new, take a good pace to learn the turns... there are lots of blind corners.

Good suggestions and feedback.

Hit me up, I might run it with you Saturday.
If you run it Saturday I'll go as well.

You got it. Later this week, I'll post a new thread for Saturday. It looks like I'll be a little later, like 10. If you can make it, great. If not, then I'll take my time learning the road.

Is this the Shell?

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=1430+GLORIA+TERRELL,+WILDER,+KY+41076&sll=38.986367,-84.42255&sspn=0.0902,0.153637&ie=UTF8&layer=c&cbll=39.009292,-84.469781&panoid=fsLZ736kMkvT9dMtUFvrXQ&cbp=12,157.81,,0,5&ll=39.00928,-84.469886&spn=0.011271,0.019205&z=16&iwloc=A

Edited by Schap

Yep that's the shell. I HIGHLY advise riding the roads with somebody who's been on them before for your first time. Really helps being behind them to have them tell you which way the turns are.

I'll def go, myself and Nikki. Wanna say try to leave shell by 10:30-11:00am?

The only advise I can give is ride your own ride. Don't try to keep up or show off it WILL result in a crash no matter how skilled you are. These roads eat folks up. And ask mrmakko to go, that way you don't have to worry about being the slowest ;)

I have no issues taking it easy down there Saturday and nates a good person to ride behind as well (dudeabides). He's also very familiar with the roads.

Anyways, weather permitting I'll see you Saturday.