How To Secure Your Bike

msbmoto

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uhh' date=' yeah it is. So it's permanently mounted, it's still just a wheel lock.[/quote']

Tell ya what, you can come out and try to steal my bike. I'll even leave the key in it. If you can get the Roadlok off, you can have my bike ;)

Seriously, if you dont know anything about Roadlok the STFU

Tell ya what, you can come out and try to steal my bike. I'll even leave the key in it. If you can get the Roadlok off, you can have my bike ;)

Seriously, if you dont know anything about Roadlok the STFU

I'm looking at their website right now. How the hell can you say its NOT a wheel lock when thats what it does???? Lockksssss theee wheeeelll.

My point in my other post was that the bike can still just be picked up and put in a truck just like in the video, RoadLok'd or not.

Quoted from superbike.co.uk....

February 15, 2010 - Alan Dowds

Clever one this. Bike security firm Roadlok has released a new disc locking system which actually bolts onto the radial brake calipers on your bike. A cunningly-crafted aluminium bracket, designed by British moto-design ace John Keogh, holds a hardened steel security pin which locks into your brake disc, preventing movement. And unlike conventional disc locks, it won't cause any damage if you try and ride off with it in place - the wheel doesn't move at all, so you won't be able to build up half-a-wheel-turn of speed before smashing your mudguard and wrecking your disc.

Edited by SWing'R

Ever since I first saw this, I worry...

Even if the handlebars did lock, they could roll the front wheel onto a skateboard and roll away..

I've seen that one. It's been a while though. Did you notice all the cars have front plates, but the van does not? Perhaps they knew about the camera/webcam watching the street.

I've seen that one. It's been a while though. Did you notice all the cars have front plates, but the van does not? Perhaps they knew about the camera/webcam watching the street.

Probably just trying to lessen the chance of someone getting their plate number.

I'm looking at their website right now. How the hell can you say its NOT a wheel lock when thats what it does???? Lockksssss theee wheeeelll.

My point in my other post was that the bike can still just be picked up and put in a truck just like in the video' date=' RoadLok'd or not.

Quoted from superbike.co.uk....

February 15, 2010 - Alan Dowds

Clever one this. Bike security firm Roadlok has released [b']a new disc locking system which actually bolts onto the radial brake calipers on your bike. A cunningly-crafted aluminium bracket, designed by British moto-design ace John Keogh, holds a hardened steel security pin which locks into your brake disc, preventing movement. And unlike conventional disc locks, it won't cause any damage if you try and ride off with it in place - the wheel doesn't move at all, so you won't be able to build up half-a-wheel-turn of speed before smashing your mudguard and wrecking your disc.

Like I said, come out and try.

And you can try to be a smart ass all you want with the lockssss theeeee wheeeeellls bullshit. But like is said, it's not a wheel lock. There's a big difference between a wheel lock and a disc lock dumbass

...it's not a wheel lock. There's a big difference between a wheel lock and a disc lock dumbass

Wheel lock , disc lock, the end result is the same thing, wheel doesn't move,

you're arguing about terminology. I don't want your bike anyway Sam, lighten the fuck up.

No need for name calling, geez.

Edited by SWing'R

Why do you always have to start shit with people Rosso?

:dunno: He started it. Called me a dumbass and told me to stfu, over terminology :rolleyes: , clearly he didn't notice my avatar:lol:

Every one of Sams posts have one of 3 things:

Fear/moar fear

STFU

Dumbass.

You got 2 outta 3. If you get all 3 in a post towards you it also includes a warm slimy wet feeling all over your face.

Thanks for playing.

:dunno: He started it. Called me a dumbass and told me to stfu' date=' over terminology :rolleyes: , clearly he didn't notice my avatar:lol:[/quote']

You started by being a fear mongering smartass. So STFU dumbass

Pearl necklace....................complete.

Every one of Sams posts have one of 3 things:

Fear/moar fear

STFU

Dumbass.

You got 2 outta 3. If you get all 3 in a post towards you it also includes a warm slimy wet feeling all over your face.

Thanks for playing.

So you're sayin Sam <3's me, awww.

Do I get an assist on that facial?

You get a facial from me on a daily basis and now you want a freebie? FINE...............oh.........oh..............aaaaaaaahhhhhhh. Free pearlnecklace complete.

You get a facial from me on a daily basis and now you want a freebie? FINE...............oh.........oh..............aaaaaaaahhhhhhh. Free pearlnecklace complete.

Did you eat pineapple today?

Why? Do you have any experience with Roadlok?
The video posted above in post 24 clearly shows a front wheelock is useless.

No experience, but don't need any, bike can be picked up and taken away. I went to their site and the KTM demo they gave would be a 30 second work around. Unless you have the one that is integrated I would expect yours has a simple work around too, especially being such a desirable bike.