What's your thoughts on Pres. Obama speech to students?

Tomcat0403

I don't know if Obama wants to enslave whites... but I'm pretty sure he's not a fan of our race.

The quotes below are from Obama's book, "Dreams of My Father";

Although Obama spent various portions of his youth living with his white maternal grandfather and Indonesian stepfather, he vowed that he would "never emulate white men and brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own. It was into my father’s image, the black man, son of Africa, that I’d packed all the attributes I sought in myself, the attributes of Martin and Malcolm, DuBois and Mandela."

This is from "Audacity of Hope";

"There were enough of us on campus to constitute a tribe, and when it came to hanging out many of us chose to function like a tribe, staying close together, traveling in packs," he wrote. "It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names."

From "Dreams";

"The emotion between the races could never be pure,” “Even love was tarnished by the desire to find in the other some element that was missing in ourselves. Whether we sought out our demons or salvation, the other race would always remain just that: menacing, alien, and apart."

"There was something about him that made me wary,” Obama wrote. "A little too sure of himself, maybe. And white."

From Dreams Of My Father:

"THAT HATE HADN'T GONE AWAY," he wrote, BLAMING WHITE PEOPLE,- SOME CRUEL, SOME IGNORANT, sometimes a single face, sometimes just a faceless image of a system claiming power over our lives."

From Dreams of My Father, " I FOUND A SOLACE IN NURSING A PERVASIVE SENSE OF GRIEVANCE AND ANIMOSITY AGAINST MY MOTHER'S RACE".

From 'Dreams of My Father',

"I CEASED TO ADVERTISE MY MOTHER'S RACE AT THE AGE OF 12 OR 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites"

need I go on?

I smell "out of context man" lurking somewhere. You searched google and came up with those quotes.

Did you actually READ any of those books? Honestly? Or did you just google rape© InyaAzz it?

The man had mixed race parentage...and with that comes ALOT of confusion and soul searching. I can't really speak on his words fully, because you're just quoting excerpts...and I haven't read the full text. I'm guessing you haven't either.

This isn't a flame or a dig, just be careful when you make an assumption like "Obama hates white people" because you ran with quotes widely circulated on the net...without taking everything in context. Not just with Obama...but in general. This is media tactic #237...don't bother explaining WHY someone said what they said, just quote the short blurb and make it sound bad.

I'm guessing here..that you don't have any mixed race kids.

I remember reading a thing awhile back that said something to the effect of" in XX number of years there will be only one or a couple a races because of inter-racial marriages and births."

If thats true, will we be able to make it before total destruction?

I remember reading a thing awhile back that said something to the effect of" in XX number of years there will be only one or a couple a races because of inter-racial marriages and births."

If thats true, will we be able to make it before total destruction?

**extra sad face** at the idea of my grandma, my mom, me and my children are leading humanity down the path of destruction. And here I thought we were sittin' pretty and doing good.

Just want to point out though, as far as my specific family is concerned, the mixing started in the early 1800s in good ole southern Ohio. Gallipolis, Oak Hill, Jackson area.

I can attest to the amount of racial ambivalence, confusion, and identity-seeking that a mixed dude faces, particularly in adolescence.

It's a pretty odd experience, and I bet it was even stranger growing up when he did (I'm an 80's kid).

I smell "out of context man" lurking somewhere. You searched google and came up with those quotes.

Did you actually READ any of those books? Honestly? Or did you just google rape© InyaAzz it?

The man had mixed race parentage...and with that comes ALOT of confusion and soul searching. I can't really speak on his words fully, because you're just quoting excerpts...and I haven't read the full text. I'm guessing you haven't either.

This isn't a flame or a dig, just be careful when you make an assumption like "Obama hates white people" because you ran with quotes widely circulated on the net...without taking everything in context. Not just with Obama...but in general. This is media tactic #237...don't bother explaining WHY someone said what they said, just quote the short blurb and make it sound bad.

I'm guessing here..that you don't have any mixed race kids.

how can you take any of those out of context? are they excerpts? yes... because I can't quote the whole book. If I take excerpts from Mein Kampf, are you going to say "oh silly hitler was taken out of context". The guy went to a black liberation church for 20 years, hired van jones as a job czar who said many racist things and called for reparations. Birds of a feather flock together. I guess what I'm saying is, quit making excuses for the guy and call a spade a spade. And no I don't have mixed race kids, but my nephew is mixed and so far he handles it a lot better than Obama. Liberal media tactic #238, ignore all logic and reasoning if it doesn't support your argument.

I can agree that they are taken out of context. Just the same as the comment made by Imus about the girls basketball team was taken out of context. The same as the Golf commentator was taken out of context about "lynching" Tiger Woods.

I can agree that they are taken out of context. Just the same as the comment made by Imus about the girls basketball team was taken out of context. The same as the Golf commentator was taken out of context about "lynching" Tiger Woods.

:lol: I saw vivien stringer was being inducted into basektball hall of fame

(4 diff teams taken to women's final 4, i guess thats pretty good)

anyone else see Imus is going to be on fox business network? I am surprised and yet not surprised... but he was pretty liberal from what I remember (regardless of racial comments) but I'm sure fox will offer him money he can't refuse and supposedly the show is more about financial than political issues.

Edited by dmagicglock

:lol: I saw vivien stringer was being inducted into basektball hall of fame

(4 diff teams taken to women's final 4, i guess thats pretty good)

anyone else see Imus is going to be on fox business network? I am surprised and yet not surprised... but he was pretty liberal from what I remember (regardless of racial comments) but I'm sure fox will offer him money he can't refuse and supposedly the show is more about financial than political issues.

I think his comments were more sexist than racist but that's just my opinion

okay my most relevant post of the night then i'm actually going... this is a transcript of Obama's prepared speech for the schools

http://www.whitehouse.gov/MediaResources/PreparedSchoolRemarks/

Uh oh. "Thank you, God bless you, and God bless America" is at the end of his speech.....

And I totally agree with you. I don't think Imus should have been fired. What he said was mean...BUT black folks have said WORSE about other black folks on the radio.

how can you take any of those out of context? are they excerpts? yes... because I can't quote the whole book. If I take excerpts from Mein Kampf, are you going to say "oh silly hitler was taken out of context". The guy went to a black liberation church for 20 years, hired van jones as a job czar who said many racist things and called for reparations. Birds of a feather flock together. I guess what I'm saying is, quit making excuses for the guy and call a spade a spade. And no I don't have mixed race kids, but my nephew is mixed and so far he handles it a lot better than Obama. Liberal media tactic #238, ignore all logic and reasoning if it doesn't support your argument.

You obviously have no idea what it's like to grow up in two different worlds/races...trying to appease both and find yourself at the same time. If you don't know what Obama was saying BEFORE and AFTER those quotes, then I'm sorry but yes...out of context. If Hitler says "Germans are superior..." and that's what gets quoted....BUT right before then he is talking about something like manufacturing output..and his complete quote it "Germans are superior in that regard" then YES...it's out of context. I'm not making excuses for Obama. But I'm also not google raping his words to make a point, without having read exactly what he trying to convey.

Come on now..you can't be that naive to think that you don't have to take a quote in the context of the whole body of text, do you??

Imus=Financial consultant? Wow. Let's see how long that lasts.