Another GREAT Ride!

SWing'R

Saturday 9/12/09

Another GREAT Ride!

(not to be confused with the FIRST great ride)

Riders: SWing'R, DiamoGirl, Strictly Street, Cmoosego

Planned route...

- START…IRON PONY

- South on Westerville Rd

- Left on Morse

- Right on CherryBottom

- Right on 62 to downtown Gahanna

- Left on Granville St (turns into Havens Corners)

- Havens Corners to Mink, Right on Mink

- Mink to Broad/SR 16, Left on Broad

- Broad/16/Columbus Rd into Granville

- Right on Broadway in Granville

- Follow 661N/Pearl

- Around the bend turn Right on CEDAR (turns into Welsh Hills)

- Welsh Hills Rd to PRICE Rd.

- Price to 21st to Rt 13

- Left (North) on Route 13

- Rt 13 North to Utica & Velvet Ice Cream Old Mill

- Rt 13 North from Velvet Ice Cream Old Mill

- Right (East) on Rt 62

- 62 to Martinsburg, continuing to Killbuck then Millersburg

- Left / West on Route 39 in Millersburg

- 39 West to Loudonville, on to Perrysville

- Left on Rt 95 in Perrysville, on to Fredericktown then Marion

The original idea here was to ride to the Velvet Ice Cream Ye Old Mill in Utica for some lunch and, of course, ice cream,

then ride for a few hours and end up at the Marion Popcorn Festival.

Well we did make it to the Ye Old Mill but it took us a lot longer to reach our checkpoints as we were not used to running

with a 250 in the lineup, so we had to keep it at 65 or less as my wife's 250 is not like a Ninja 250, it maxes out at 75 on

her speedo which I think is really only 65 or 70. Its funny how much longer it takes to get somewhere when you pretty much

run the speed limit or just a few over!

This was her first "long" ride too, and she got her first real taste of some curves today and she did great.

She also now knows why I come home from these day long rides and crash on the couch and don't get up until the next day!

So I was tryin to get some video with my camera and my new mount but ran into technical problems, my batteries kept

cutting out when I tried to shoot video then they actually died, so all I got was still pics at the Velvet Ye Old Mill.

So anyway, by the time we got to Fredericktown Cmoosego cut out to head to a previous engagement and the rest of us

decided to skip the Marion Popcorn Fest and just call it a day so we diverted to 42 S off 95 in Mt Gilead and ran thru

Delaware and down 257 back into Columbus.

DiamoGirl and I rolled into the garage @ about 220miles. Considering she's

never gone more then 60miles, that was awesome!

2009-09-12a.jpg

2009-09-12b.jpg

2009-09-12c.jpg

2009-09-12d.jpg

2009-09-12e.jpg

2009-09-12f.jpg

2009-09-12g.jpg

2009-09-12h.jpg

2009-09-12i.jpg

2009-09-12j.jpg

2009-09-12k.jpg

Edited by SWing'R

Been a lurker here for a while, but figured I'd pop in here since I noticed the "Ohio Riders" sticker. I was the CB250 that got in behind you on US-42 from Cardington to Delaware.

I was trying to figure out what the TU250 was. That was the first I had seen one on the road. Nice looking bike. :cool:

Edited by Mr. 0

Been a lurker here for a while, but figured I'd pop in here since I noticed the "Ohio Riders" sticker. I was the CB250 that got in behind you on US-42 from Cardington to Delaware.

I was trying to figure out what the TU250 was. That was the first I had seen one on the road. Nice looking bike. :cool:

Cool.. Welcome!

Oh yeah, how cool is that! I remember you turning off in Delaware, I couldn't quite make out what it was you were on,

I see now it was an older 250.

Yeah the TU250 is definetely a looker, its fun to ride too, I've rode it a few times. Its my wifes first bike after moving up from a 150cc scooter.

And BTW, Welcome to OR! You should come to the Meet & Greet tomorrow!

Edited by SWing'R

I had a great time yesterday!!! I definetly learned alot about curves and stuff. Thanks CMooseGo,StrictlyStreet and SWing'R for letting a little 250 hang out and ride with all the big bikes.

I was definetly wiped out when we got home. I slept through the OSU game and until 11:00 this morning. I would do it all over again.

Greetings!

:)

I was wondering who you were.

So cool your on the board too.

Small world, Ohio Riders seem to be everywhere! :D

we def. should plan at least 2 more good rides this year before the weather turns too cold... maybe head down the back way to the Ren. Festival in waynesville.... I got a hankering for a turkey leg....

Let me know if you do that, I like that crap. Jousting rocks.