Getting an ambulance on The Dragon...

Tonik

Lots of places try to do these kind of things (including our township), end of the day, they are required to provide the service and at a reasonable time, it's a public right of way.

Think about it, you don't check a city's website before you drive through it to see if they'll provide an ambulance if you're in an accident. This is all just a scare tactic to get less people there (NC hates the dragon) and also to try and get people to ride more reasonably.

Or motorcyclists as a whole can avoid injecting money into that area. Frequent other establishments located where they appreciate your presense and business. Won't take long before the City Manager rethinks his stance.

This isn't an issue of the responsible municipality leaving their responsibility.

This is simply the TN based ems saying they won't help in NC anymore.

Very close and your overall point is valid but just to clarify it is a NC county saying they wont go to the NC county next door to respond. The article is a bit unclear......

That part of the dragon is in Swain county NC, but Graham County NC covers Robbinsville and the ambulances rolled from there...they were the closest. I think the better way to do this would be to respond from the same place and just charge the people that need the ride. Lots of places do it now and most medical insurance will pay for it.

Very close and your overall point is valid but just to clarify it is a NC county saying they wont go to the NC county next door to respond. The article is a bit unclear......

That part of the dragon is in Swain county NC, but Graham County NC covers Robbinsville and the ambulances rolled from there...they were the closest. I think the better way to do this would be to respond from the same place and just charge the people that need the ride. Lots of places do it now and most medical insurance will pay for it.

yes sir!

I like the idea of just not going there. Politicians see it as a bargining chip and everyone else looks at it as a money maker. I'd rather go to areas in the parks and surrounding area that has little or no traffic. Kind of like going to Sturgis has become a tourist trap. So many better places to go. :)

• 1 month later...

from the LEO I talked with the #1 cause of life threating accidents are cruiser/harley riders .. followed by trikes

then cars

sportbikes were last on his list .. not saying they dont wreck . just the most geared up riders

377318553.jpg

Well, i think it isnt that big of a deal since there is like a half of a mile of the dragon in NC... The rest is all in TN. And if you wreck that bad in the first .5 or last .5 (depending on the direction of course)... youre doing something wrong because thats only like 2 turns that are not even close to sharp.

Ever heard of wheelie hell?

one of the busiest accident spots on that whole road.

Its true, everyone seems to want to go "waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.... BRAAAAAKE!!!" Then take the turn. ha ha.

And then there is the people that fall over just getting out of the parking lot. lol