So I bought a Power Commander, now what?

jagr

I know that you can get on the web-site and get the map downloads for your bike. I had to get on put on mine, when I changed my pipes. So, I did a little bit of home work first. Was thinking about installing the pipes myself. Until I realized the level of difficulty. Too much stuff had to be taken off, for me to want to deal with.

i heard a dyno tune was only 100 from brian , so that helps on the price a bit , i just downloaded a map from muzzy till i can afford the dyno tune . they are not perfect but a giant notice while driving , power wise

Pratt, the 3 extra hp from a PC is not worth it if you're not even using the 100+ you've already got. Just imho.

I was doing the PC/tuning to make it run better not so much for the HP b/c I'm using the HP I have now. Why is it that every time a female comes on here asking questions people have to give her a bunch of bullshit? Then we wonder why more females don't post on here for more than intermittent rides, etc. Geesh!

And that wasn't directed at you I just happened to quote you to answer the HP question. :)

I was doing the PC/tuning to make it run better not so much for the HP b/c I'm using the HP I have now. Why is it that every time a female comes on here asking questions people have to give her a bunch of bullshit? Then we wonder why more females don't post on here for more than intermittent rides, etc. Geesh!

And that wasn't directed at you I just happened to quote you to answer the HP question. :)

I would say that to anybody PAL! ;)

^^^I wrote that it wasn't directed at you....just everything after what I asked. I was being serious. I know I'm not a great rider but that is what the track is for right? To practice no? I only got to do one track weekend this past season b/c I unfortuntately let other things take up my time and money. With my income tax I fully intend on purchasing an enclosed trailor seeing that I can use if for MANY other things as well. Then I won't have to depend on anyone to help me out. :) WELL....maybe getting the bike in the trailor without me dropping it. LOL.

The PC usually will increase HP and fuel mileage, and just make the bike run a little better.

There are maps you can download from power commanders website, you can also find them on exhaust websites. However, there are slight variances between bikes and if you are going to spend the money on a power commander then you might as well spend the extra money to have it tuned to your specific bike and setup.

Depends on the bike, too. I have a PCIII and Two Bros. exhaust on my FJR. My bike runs smoother but my mileage tanked a little bit because the PCIII readjusted the fuel map to dump a little more gas when I reached certain RPMs to help cancel out the abrupt throttle the '06 and '07 models are notorious for. (It was fixed in '08.) Basically, it's fine when I'm slabbing it down the highway but stop and go traffic really eats the gas. However, I haven't had the thing dynoed yet; I'm still running on the Two Bros. adjusted fuel map by default. Maybe a little more adjustment will work the kinks out.

Using both exhaust and PCIII (or Two Bros. Juice Box if they make it for your bike) is a matter of feel, trial and error, and your personal preference. Also, riding it in every gear and situation possible will help customize the performance to what you like.

Yeah, Pratt, that's not fun either. Not that my 140+HP and 79,000 miles on the odomoter are really much to brag about as a lady rider myself. Nice to see another one of us on a FAST bike! I say go for the PCIII and enjoy!

Yeah, Pratt, that's not fun either. Not that my 140+HP and 79,000 miles on the odomoter are really much to brag about as a lady rider myself. Nice to see another one of us on a FAST bike! I say go for the PCIII and enjoy!

Well I didn't get the extra word in there that i'm NOT fast. My bike is fast to the experienced rider. Nobody with any experience except my friend John has actually rode my bike. :) I've been riding for a long time but get vewy vewy intimidated in the corners. At my last track day I finally realized that the faster you go the easier the corners are but I refuse to get that way on the road with all the conditions that can kill a person hence I'm getting a cruiser next season for the street. :D

Lyndse won't sign on because she says the guys are pussies and the girls are posers. :lol: I told her there are some really cool people on OR.net and she just gave me the finger. True story... :lol:

I understand Pauly. Usually every few months I get a wild hair up my butt and refuse to post for a while too. ;) From what I hear your wife can ride the hell outta her bike. She SHOULD join in! I know SEVERAL female riders than can put about 90% of the men on this board to shame. :)