Gay Games

chevysoldier

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

what do gay games consist of? (i'm not sure I want to know) I'd only watch the women's sports in those olympics.

Here's my guess...

Opening ceremonies: 6 hour marathon of queer eye for the straight guy, followed by seasons 1-4 of greys anatomy

Day 1 of male gay olympics:

Bobbin' for sausages

Pin the dildo on the homo

surprise buttsex

Operation (gender reassignment edition)

maybe you guys could figure out days 2-5

most gay women i know are not hot, and all the gay men are. sad....

I actually found out Cleveland was bidding for the games a few months ago from a friend of mine.

my first question was "WTF are 'gay games?' I don't want to put that in google..."

my second thought was, "i wasn't aware we excluded gay people from competing in the olympics, or any other sporting event for that matter."

the only compelling answer I've gotten as to the reason or need for 'gay games' is that it legitimizes the competition atmosphere for transgender/transexual people who are otherwise excluded from competition by the governing bodies of other major sporting events.

so the 'gay games' will allow a person born as a man to compete in a female division, so long as he's post-operative. or something. maybe there's an entire 'transgender' division. I'm not 100% sure, and like i said, none of the gay people I know seem to be able to give me a complete answer.

I just find it irritating when a group of people demands 'equality' and really wants preferential treatment - that's regardless of who comprises the group.

that said, I'm not about to assume there aren't gay people who think the 'gay games' aren't ridiculous and unnecessary as well.

I just find it irritating when a group of people demands 'equality' and really wants preferential treatment - that's regardless of who comprises the group.

that said, I'm not about to assume there aren't gay people who think the 'gay games' aren't ridiculous and unnecessary as well.

Are you mad because you were not invited? Who cares if a bunch of homo's want to run around and play games. How does that negatively impact you?

Are you mad because you were not invited? Who cares if a bunch of homo's want to run around and play games. How does that negatively impact you?

I think he's just complaining that we always have to have "special" events for minority groups. I think stuff like that only leads to further segregation amongst society. If you like to pound dudes (not you specifically but gay men in general), thats your thing... You don't need to have "games" to promote that agenda. There isn't one right provided to heterosexuals that isn't provided to homosexuals. :popcorn:

it doesn't negatively impact me, because, unless i'm mistaken, i AM invited. 'gay games' is just a silly name. It's not like they can 'test' all the athletes to make sure they're gay. I'm betting I can register and compete if i want to.

which sums up my point nicely: the 'gay games' serve no purpose.

. not sure the IOC allows people with AIDS to compete.

That may indeed be true - but it's also pretty common for HIV positive individuals to take steroids to help combat the virus. That would disqualify them right away. I'd actually like to find out if people with AIDS are explicitly banned.

didnt magic johnson play for the dream team when he had HIV? (i know thats not quite aids) but essentially same problem.

I dunno, maybe it depends on sport or something... could you see them allowing wrestlers? People would be pretty upset methinks.

didnt magic johnson play for the dream team when he had HIV? (i know thats not quite aids) but essentially same problem.

everything i'm finding online is saying that the Chinese government wouldn't allow any athletes with HIV into the country during the last summer games. not finding anything about the IOC banning them.

but they would still have to pass the standard drug test.

I think he's just complaining that we always have to have "special" events for motorcycle groups. I think stuff like that only leads to further segregation amongst society. If you like to ride motorcycles (not you specifically but motorcyclists in general), thats your thing... You don't need to have "bike nights" to promote that agenda. There isn't one right provided to cagers that isn't provided to motorcyclists. :popcorn:

hmm I see your point;)