Should we do away with the rep system?

Casper

50 members have voted

1. 1. Should we do away with the rep system?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, and I would give you neg rep for asking if you were not on my 'friends' list and so generous to run this place for us, which is much appreciated. :) I don't see any harm, maybe I am missing something.

:lol: Casper is hating big time. How ironic that this pops up today. Why is it bothering you so much? I don't see how it would. Let people have their fun DICTATOR! :p:lol: Taking some of the fun out of the board. The board gets boring at times and the rep system made us have something else to get our hands into.

I want all my + rep I ever given you back. :slap::lol:

This is NinjaNick's fault, btw.

He hit max level rep, and subsequently broke it. :p

He and mrmako777 cheated the system.....

It has to do with all of the bitching about rep, people cheating the system, people leaving negative rep for people and signing it someone else, etc. Very few people have taken it seriously.

It has to do with all of the bitching about rep, people cheating the system, people leaving negative rep for people and signing it someone else, etc. Very few people have taken it seriously.

If you haven't caught on mako stopped and too many to count now are cheating the system. You going to ground us all now? WTF!? :violin::violin:

I had to vote no...

It is nice to know that people appreciate your posts, and enjoy your contrbutions to the community

I realize your gonna still get some of the stupid High School drama that it could create. You would think by now responible adults would be able to handel such a system (feel the neg rep coming). And if you dont like some1 to deal with it between the to of you... but im sure immaturity will win more than not.

If you haven't caught on mako stopped and too many to count now are cheating the system. You going to ground us all now? WTF!? Start calling you the white Obama, Mr. Dictator.:violin::violin:

Definitely not too many to count. Remember, I see them all.

Ok, I could turn this political - I'll try not to, but lets assume they did (I won't make any accusations, though I'll admit circumstances are odd).

What's the 'so what' that they cheated? I mean, we're not competing for fabulous prizes and vacations to the Caribbean.

I understand it's frustrating when people exploit a flaw in the system when the system isn't used as intended, but c'est la vie. You fix the system, not dismantle it all together. (I had the same 'teething problems' with members when I enabled rep on a phpBB3 board).

Not to mention, that only two people out of the 3300 members have abused it. There should be some way to flag or mark the abusers rather than shut it all down. Especially with the abusers being in the very very small minority.

I tend to agree with a few others that the rep system is very beneficial when dealing with n00bs.

i think it's harmless fun.

also, it's a good way for me to gauge what's "acceptable and possibly even funny" and what's "completely over the fucking line".

like, who knew I'd get mad rep for posting a picture of the Ku Klux Klan burning a cross in a thread about hating black people? I certainly didn't. But now I know I can go up to the next step and lynch a bitch. I'll hit OVER 9000!!!!11!111!!11!1 in no time.

if i was feeling ballzie I would neg you for this

I say we impeach Casper and vote CBRgirl as the site leader. She wouldn't rain on others fun. :trophy:

I vote in favor

I though we already voted for it to show who left it automaticly ??

what happened with that

Ok, I could turn this political - I'll try not to, but lets assume they did (I won't make any accusations, though I'll admit circumstances are odd).

What's the 'so what' that they cheated? I mean, we're not competing for fabulous prizes and vacations to the Caribbean.

I understand it's frustrating when people exploit a flaw in the system when the system isn't used as intended, but c'est la vie. You fix the system, not dismantle it all together. (I had the same 'teething problems' with members when I enabled rep on a phpBB3 board).

Not to mention, that only two people out of the 3300 members have abused it. There should be some way to flag or mark the abusers rather than shut it all down.

I tend to agree with a few others that the rep system is very beneficial when dealing with n00bs.

The abusers are the sole reason. I constantly get told how stupid it is. There are tons of threads with people bitching about rep. So I'm putting it to a public vote.

Nick, comparing me to Obama is freaking hilarious. I'm putting it to a vote. Majority rules. How the hell is that comparable to Obama?

I though we already voted for it to show who left it automaticly ??

what happened with that

It's enabled. I did it today.

This is just another poll. I'm not saying I want to do it. I've been asked about it more times than I can count. It's just going to a vote.

I like the rep points......but I dont live or die by getting or giving rep points...

The rep points are just a small part of this forum, and I think to many people are sweating over the small things.....

This forum is on the raise and we can be focusing in on other things that the members and this forum can be helping.

-Whitey's 2 cents

Exactly. It's nice to know when somebody appreciates your post. Also, it's all in good humor and fun. RELAX SIR!!!

Sorry, this thread just gets to me. He's only doing it because of me. I now know Casper a little better now as of today.:nono:

You're not that special dude. Seriously. This came up today because of todd#43 and chevysoldier leaving negative rep for max power and signing it mr.a. Shrink your ego a bit. The rep thing has become a useless mess, instead of a valuable tool. It's just a vote. I'm leaving it to the board as a whole.

** CORRECTION: Negative rep was left FOR todd#43 and chevysoldier by someone signing as Mr A. My bad.