some jacka$$ pushed my bike over

D-Ramey

iv spent so much money iv been though so much stress this is crazy i can't believe this and how they can do this i wanna sue someone but dont know how..my mom said the judge said during sentencing that i showed no emotion doing the trial and he is going to give me time to think about...i thought that was fucked up my attorney said he was big for sending people away for 30-90 days i served 30days then got out on a appeals bond so idk im pissed about eveything

I figured you've heard it before, but I felt it should be repeated... best of luck man

thank's bro...yeah im scared to even go out with my buddy's and have a good time its crazy man the judical system is fucked well i mean delawares is i know columbus would have never took it this far...

so back to the bike how much$$$$ damage u think this fool caused on my bike? and if the insurance will cover everything including my helment and exhaust and fif they will cut a check or what?

so back to the bike how much$$$$ damage u think this fool caused on my bike? and if the insurance will cover everything including my helment and exhaust and fif they will cut a check or what?

Insurance will pay to repair it or pay you the reasonable value of the bike (whichever is less).

Exhaust depends on the carrier, Progressive's accessory coverage (included with comp) covers up to 3000$.

I'm not an agent, so please verify with your company.

Insurance will pay to repair it or pay you the reasonable value of the bike (whichever is less).

Exhaust depends on the carrier, Progressive's accessory coverage (included with comp) covers up to 3000$.

I'm not an agent, so please verify with your company.

the bike is a 2004 gsxr 750 and i go though all state(where your in good hand's...lol) and the exhaust is a slip on yosi carbon fiber...

1000....lol really $1000 for all that?

new upperstay I'm guessing is about $120

new fairings $500

exhaust (i'm not sure)

helmet no more than $200 unless you're rocking a shoei or suomy

Also your bike is a 2004, so like likwid said they're going to give you the cost to replace those parts on fair market value and at least with cars, they can replace with used (like new) parts after a vehicle is 2 years old or certified aftermarket parts.

I don't work for an insurance company tho'... so I don't know for sure, but you never know, they often times don't know as much about motorcycles as they do about cars and I've seen them total out bikes that could be fixed for about 1k if you were good at shopping on ebay.

I'm afraid its over a grand.... thats for sure. You gotta replace the part, thats never cheap....... unless its not totally shattered. If all the fairing is there it can be mended back together which is cheaper than replacing the part. then you have to paint the parts.... your helmet and the exhaust. good luck on gettn it fixed...... hope the dude that did it has a pit bull mistake his nuts for a squeaky toy

new upperstay I'm guessing is about $120

new fairings $500

exhaust (i'm not sure)

helmet no more than $200 unless you're rocking a shoei or suomy

Also your bike is a 2004, so like likwid said they're going to give you the cost to replace those parts on fair market value and at least with cars, they can replace with used (like new) parts after a vehicle is 2 years old or certified aftermarket parts.

I don't work for an insurance company tho'... so I don't know for sure, but you never know, they often times don't know as much about motorcycles as they do about cars and I've seen them total out bikes that could be fixed for about 1k if you were good at shopping on ebay.

helment is arai and the bike has a rebuilt salvage title lol so yeah...

I'm afraid its over a grand.... thats for sure. You gotta replace the part, thats never cheap....... unless its not totally shattered. If all the fairing is there it can be mended back together which is cheaper than replacing the part. then you have to paint the parts.... your helmet and the exhaust. good luck on gettn it fixed...... hope the dude that did it has a pit bull mistake his nuts for a squeaky toy

lol....yeah lets hope karma gets his ass...and i hope they give me enoough to just get it fixed...

D I'll say this but please confirm in your policy contract, you have the right to get the money for the estimate than take cash and do it yourself... most people don't know that.

Again, I'm not an agent so make sure to confirm.

thats what i wanna do get the money and fix it my self my cousin paints and can fix it so it would be way cheaper that way then going though a body shop or the dealer so i can ask for money? but i have to read my policy?

thats what i wanna do get the money and fix it my self my cousin paints and can fix it so it would be way cheaper that way then going though a body shop or the dealer so i can ask for money? but i have to read my policy?

A good adjuster will make sure you know your options, but a lot of people are afraid to just ask for the money, or their adjuster obfuscated that option by saying "ok cool, pick the shop and we'll just cut them a check"

D I'll say this but please confirm in your policy contract, you have the right to get the money for the estimate than take cash and do it yourself... most people don't know that.

Again, I'm not an agent so make sure to confirm.

pretty much all insurance companies will cut you a check for the damages based upon their estimate. You can go to a dealership and get an estimate from them on cost to fix (which will usually be higher than the insurance companies) and then haggle with the amount they're going to pay you. Once they determine the amount, the insurance company cuts you the check. You don't even have to have your bike fixed if you don't want to, you can just take the money and run so to speak. But once you cash the check, you agree to their estimate and any additional costs wouldn't be covered. Its your responsibility from then to pay the dealership or body shop repairing your bike.

pretty much all insurance companies will cut you a check for the damages based upon their estimate. You can go to a dealership and get an estimate from them on cost to fix (which will usually be higher than the insurance companies) and then haggle with the amount they're going to pay you. Once they determine the amount, the insurance company cuts you the check. You don't even have to have your bike fixed if you don't want to, you can just take the money and run so to speak. But once you cash the check, you agree to their estimate and any additional costs wouldn't be covered. Its your responsibility from then to pay the dealership or body shop repairing your bike.

thats what i will do i need to get a truck first...lol its going be nasty and cold tommorrow and what is the closest place i could take it i live by iron pony!!!

If you do get a shot to put her back together I would recommend "fusior" (not sure I spelled it right) by dupont. its made specifically for bonding plastic and is some hard stuff. grind on the back, use that stuff with some mesh for extra strength and it should be good to go. little icing to smooth out the front.......... just a suggestion. I've had good success with that product and you only need a caulking gun. (i hate spelling)

If you do get a shot to put her back together I would recommend "fusior" (not sure I spelled it right) by dupont. its made specifically for bonding plastic and is some hard stuff. grind on the back, use that stuff with some mesh for extra strength and it should be good to go. little icing to smooth out the front.......... just a suggestion. I've had good success with that product and you only need a caulking gun. (i hate spelling)

thanks for the info...

What did the adjuster say? Get some estimates?

Call around to motorcycle shops in your area and ask for an estimate. If they'll do it over the phone great.

The adjuster looked at my bike and gave a bunk $1,200 estimate for parts, and $600 in labour. I looked up the part numbers, and countered their offer with my own estimate, which was a little more than $2600. I had pictures of every scratch that was new, and the cost of replacement.

Without fight they took my estimate over the adjusters. My prices were actually cheaper than his on some things, but he missed things like bent a bent clip on, broken brake lever, scratches on front mudguard, front fairing, and a cracked mirror. He did credit me with replacement grips...

I did the repairs myself, and got a check for $3,200.

What did the adjuster say? Get some estimates?

Call around to motorcycle shops in your area and ask for an estimate. If they'll do it over the phone great.

they was going to send one out but called me today and told me to go get some estimates so id rather do that and let them cut me a check and do my own parts and labor...:D