Guess what this is

vroddave

Thats a Roehr.

Supercharged Harely Evo engine.

Not keen on the price tag, not to mention it handles almost as well as a 'busa.

Here's a ride review: http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/16/4382/Motorcycle-Article/2010-Roehr-1250SC-First-Ride.aspx

A Ducati, it is not. Imagine the kind of Ducati you could get for just a little bit more $$$... ohh wait, I don't have to.

desmosediciRR-med.jpg

The guy has to be a genius to build and design that. It is pretty much a two wheeled masterpiece of brute force.

He has to be? I'll give credit that designing a bike is a lesson in engineering, but considering the platform and the examples of better bikes, it's not really that amazing...

Britten on the other hand? Amazing.

Speaking of sexy.

RC30X - not an actual model but, DAMN!!

0906_sbkp_16_z+2010_honda_rc30x+right_view.jpg

I'd buy one in a heartbeat. Along with the RSV4. Then I could have two V4s and laugh at everyone below me with their inept, and slow bikes that are obviously not superior to mine because I'm an elitist bastard.

Thats not a Evo motor that is a Revo motor what comes out of the vrod. its not about what it costs or whatever. Its diff. its not your everyday production bike like a duccati, honda or whatever. now those two bikes of the honda i really like and the duc, they are sexy. and i can put my money on that motor unlike a duccati. So don't be such a judgemental dick like you already are!

Thats not a Evo motor that is a Revo motor what comes out of the vrod. its not about what it costs or whatever. Its diff. its not your everyday production bike like a duccati, honda or whatever. now those two bikes of the honda i really like and the duc, they are sexy. and i can put my money on that motor unlike a duccati. So don't be such a judgemental dick like you already are!

Ok, while the Harley Revo motor is a nice motor. It still took wayyy too long for that to get here and it's still not the greatest. I was surprised that it actually was a 60* V like the Aprilia. The motors seem very close in design, except the Aprilia's Rotax motor can rev 2,000 rpm higher and makes 15 more HP at the crank. Now, sadly, that's outdated as my motor is 5 years old. The new Ducati 1198 (close to said revo motor in size and design, aside from the 90* configuration) is making 180 HP and 93 lb-ft of torque! Aprilia's last 60* V-twin in the RSVR is making roughly 150 at the crank. The revo motor is definitely not an end all motor and it surely is not up there with the likes of the other V-twin superbike motors.

I'll give it to Roehr for making an original design (even if I feel they ripped the nose straight off an MV Augusta) but it's still underwhelming, overweight, and waaaaaayyyyy overpriced for what you're getting. Congrats, they stuck a supercharger on a V-rod motor. I'm a little upset that they had to S/C the motor to get the power needed. Ducati still walks over it every day in every category. Sorry.