Guess what this is

vroddave

i know that is way heavy, and yes for the cc and everything else it is underpowered. but this is the motor i have and i know how reliable it is where its power is made i know what its gonna do. the reason i have posted this is cuz i kinda wanted to build something like this. with my own motor. thats all. its very diff.

i know that is way heavy, and yes for the cc and everything else it is underpowered. but this is the motor i have and i know how reliable it is where its power is made i know what its gonna do. the reason i have posted this is cuz i kinda wanted to build something like this. with my own motor. thats all. its very diff.

Well have fun with that. I think it's gonna get $$$$$$$ really fast. But a cool project if you can pull it off.

Why?

Someone that supposedly knows what he's doing already did, and its a heavy, ill handling, pile of shit.

I mean, if you think you could do better....

So, you are basing it solely on the fact that your cruiser motor has held up this long? There are MANY a Ducati, Aprillia, etc V Twin owners with as much reliability and from companies that build sport based machines.

The bike you listed while "unique" is simply a copy of what already exists. Bikes like the Britten, and even newer bikes like the upcoming RSV4 are bikes that are unique as well and will certainly always have a place in the halls of amazing and industry changing designs.

They are what lead to these machines. Without the Ducatis, Hondas, Yamahas, etc., these bikes would have never came about. They simply took existing technology and slapped it in a somewhat custom frame and called it new. Bolt ons do not make it something new and different. S/C a V Twin? Not new. Turbo charged in-lines? Not new - Hell, we used to race with two guys that ran turbo charged CBR900s. They were called the Turbo Twins and they pretty much were retarded when it came to the bikes they raced in FUSA. That was over 14-15 years ago.

Point is that to you, it is a really cool bike. To others, it isn't. To some it is cool, but not as great as others. It's simply an opinion. Posting on a public forum allows people to post their feelings and if they don't jive with your thoughts, why get pissed? They are simply opinions.

this thread fails.... everyone has their opinion on what bikes are best at what particular point. fact is if you like something and have the cash for it, buy it. then prove yours is the better choice while killing each other in mortal combat.... that way I can have your bikes when you are all dead...:D

i didnt get pissed. but i just think that is kinda funny how alot of pple on here just hate harley's. and think that nothing they make can be good. i know that i have put 21,000 miles on my bike changed tires and oil, and nothing else and it gets the shit run out of it thats all. i wouldn't ever just thro a s/c on it to make it faster, i would build it. It really dosn't have to get expensive at all. if you have a rolling chassy for a sport bike, needs plastic and motor. done. they really didn't do anything special to that bike other than a s/c. but it would be fun building it and unique to me thats all.