Buell

RSVDon

Yeah, I got all the power I need in my Busa too. I just like the dirt bike handling. If I was buying for power, it wouldn't be this. I wanted one but wasn't willing toi shell out the original price, but the get rid of 'em sale, o.k. I'll jump on that for a curve slicer. I'ma mediocre rider on twisties, but a short wheelbase bike like this makes me ride different and I can ride these things better than my Interstate cruise missle on twisties.

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well as I didn't take a camera and only got cell phone pics and have no way of downloading it, no pics til I get it picked up, which isn't happening til probably the middle of next week. New windows in my shack this weekend takes precedence over picking up my scoot. For the.25 I'll send you a pic of me on it.....

jbot, Yeah 140+ at the crank and about 118 at the rear wheel. I'm working on getting a map from a guy that's good for a few extra ponies w/ the stock pipe if you're interested.

But, yes, it's a little low if you have a true LUST for HP, but it's more than adequate for what it is designed for or for what I'm using it for.

Go riding with Tpoppa sometime, he rides a XB9 which has less HP than the 1125R, you won't be bored. On the back roads in southern Ohio I never thought I needed anything bigger than my old 600. Big HP is fun on the highway and maybe makes you not work so hard on the back roads if you don't scare yourself to death.

I'm heading to Avon today to see if I can get them to up their offer for the Ninja 250 trade-in, they offered me $1,400 earlier this week.

Done deal. 2008 demo with 2,800 miles. $6,500 minus trade plus tax, plus fees, tag... $5,416 otd. Goodbye little ninja.

Schweet!! If you havent aleady, I would make sure you have the most current flash and the recalls have been done. I fore see some Buell rides next season.

I talked today about trading in the XB9 on a CR, but couldn't get the deal closed. I suspect there will be some new 1125s around for at least another month or so.

Sorry for the new Honda in the Buell thread but this thread started the whole process. I went to the HD dealership to look at the Buells but I guess if you walk in wearing gear because you rode there you are invisible. I wondered next door just to look around, I knew about the $7000 CBR1000RR deals but wasn't ready to bite. I thought I would wait until spring but they had a demo bike with 2,800 miles and they were asking $6,500, sounds interesting, okay what will you give me for the little ninja? (Expecting them to offer $800 to $900 which would have been little enough for me to be able to ignore a deal.) They offered me $1,400 damn more than I expected, I'll have to think about it. I went riding for a while, stopped at another dealership to see what they might have interesting, nothing. I go back and ask to take it for a test ride, no problem, try not to be gone longer than a half hour or we worry. That ride pretty much sealed the deal. OTD would have been about $5,550 so I took a few days to think about it and did some reading about the bike, good reviews; I think I'll make an offer. Blaa, blaaa, blaa bought it today. One year new bike warranty starts today, first service is done and fresh oil change to bring it home with some time this week. (It was raining.)

I don't know how many of you guys looking for a new bike know about the federal tax credit but this might help you make a purchase this year.

http://www.amadirectlink.com/news/story.asp?id=740

Since I bought two bikes this year does that mean I can try to claim them both?

I'm hating Garrett and Tod right now.

1125R or CBR1000RR (for an extra $1k)???

I've always wanted a liter bike to diversify the stable, but the Buell is an end-of-an-era bike (and I do <3 my SV, I crush hard for v-twin sportbikes, but do I need another?)

Insurance is about $60/yr cheaper on the CBR - true story. Methinks my brain is stuck on an infinite decision loop and I'll probably end up with nothing because of it. :(