Buell

RSVDon

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

O.K., this thread is getting like a soap opera, too many angles to keep track of. So my question is Shittygxsr the only one thta has thrown the coin down?

I've seen it, and it is glorious.

I want to make passionate love to Shitty and Inya, at the same time.

And whilst their busy, I will sneak out and make love to Shitty's new Buell.

Don' date=' sometimes it's ok to sleep with the hot girl's friend. Looks aren't what's important in a one night stand. What she does when you grab a fist full of hair is important. That 1125R may not be the prettiest whore on the street, but she knows her role when you twist your wrist.[/quote']

Well put sir. :lol:

I could be #3 after tomorrow. What makes me consider buying one of these listening to a bunch m/c nuts that I have never met while my closest riding buddies warn me not to do it. I love the way these things handle. I need some opinion from some of you outlaws. I know I made a negative comment about the aircooled V-twin vs. the rotax. My question is would you go with simplicity and good parts availability w/ less power or the rotax motor? What say ye?

Thanks Don. Hey your location says Kettering. You refer to Flint? You livin' in Mi.? I'm from there originally. Hate it for you! Flat and straight.

Home and co-op job are in Kettering. College is in Flint. And yes, it's very flat and boring here.

Seriously though, I know the motor is good, but I really have no experience with the 1125 to comment on anything else.

IP, That helps. I ride a Busa, so I have HP on tap. I agree it can make you lazy. I won't be tracking it, just backroads, and honestly, i want a bike that will be more fun to ride on twisties than a lowered 530lb. whale. I've rode both. My concern is finding parts for that rotax in a few years. I appreciate the advice.

Thanks Don. Hey your location says Kettering. You refer to Flint? You livin' in Mi.? I'm from there originally. Hate it for you! Flat and straight.

Saginaw born and raised right here.

IP, That helps. I ride a Busa, so I have HP on tap. I agree it can make you lazy. I won't be tracking it, just backroads, and honestly, i want a bike that will be more fun to ride on twisties than a lowered 530lb. whale. I've rode both. My concern is finding parts for that rotax in a few years. I appreciate the advice.

This is why I've been leaning towards the XB Lightning. I already have my shit your pants ride in my ZX10. I want something comfortable for the street...and a little different at the same time....while up to the task if I want to hit the twisties. Not thrilled about the Thunderstorm over the Rotax...but the Lightning is a cool looking bike ..as well as the Firebolt.

But then I saw this:

249_2.jpg

249_3.jpg

Edited by InyaAzz

Tpoppa, see above( if you come back to this thread let me know what you think. Anybody else want to help me spend money? ( on the bike) please, give me your opinions. I'd like to know.

I'm with IP. Are you looking for a track bike? 1125R..no doubt. Are you looking for something to tool around on the street? What kind of stance do you want? Agressive? Straight up? Are you looking to sell the bike anytime soon? Etc..etc.

My concern is finding parts for that rotax in a few years.

Keep in mind, the 1125 motor is not Buell specific. It's built by Rotax and they are not going out of business. The Aprilia RSVs have been using the Rotax V990 since 1998 with no issues on parts availability (aside from Aprilia based issues). So I wouldn't be worried at all about motor parts for that bike, I'd be worried about the Buell specific parts that you can only get through Buell.

Wow.. I like that. Transforms the bike from "who put the luggage on the front" to pure kick ass. Do you have any shots from front center?

No..I don't. But I agree with you..the bike is totally transformed. The only problem is' date=' that kit has to be imported (VAT FTMFF).

Here are some more pics to dwell on. After talking to Shitty..I might be leaning towards the 1125.

[img']http://www.badweatherbikers.com/buell/messages/290431/505818.jpg

1125rfairing.jpg

Photo chopped, but it looks sweet:

20091012152712_crx.jpg

048.jpg

Good Points. I'm probably what you would refer to as a true horsepower snob. I got seat time in a GSXR1000 w/ 2 stage boost that cranked out 335hp. I'm 6'2" and weigh 250. So i figure the 146 hp might be a little more adequate.

Inya, you posted that webaddress for that fairing kit and I been sittin' here tryin' to find it. Do you still have it. Because that 1125 definitely would have to have that if I bought it.

Good Points. I'm probably what you would refer to as a true horsepower snob. I got seat time in a GSXR1000 w/ 2 stage boost that cranked out 335hp. I'm 6'2" and weigh 250. So i figure the 146 hp might be a little more adequate.

Inya, you posted that webaddress for that fairing kit and I been sittin' here tryin' to find it. Do you still have it. Because that 1125 definitely would have to have that if I bought it.

Just go on Buell's site or look in the previous pages of this thread. Honestly though..after seeing the kit I posted above..I wouldn't want the Buell kit. I'd pay the extra $$ and import the one from Europe (the one with the Firebolt front fairing).

IP..again...I agree...this is how the bike should have looked right out the damn gate.