Buell

RSVDon

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Christ almighty my head hurts. I was set on the Lightning...and now...not so set. FUCK.

I'm going to bed. But before I go:

http://www.topspeed.com/motorcycles/motorcycle-news/chances-to-save-buell-motorcycles-emerge-ar80525.html

After reporting on Harley-Davidson’s decision to suddenly kill Buell Motorcycles, we’re happy to hear that the American brand may have a chance after all as a group of officials from the Village of East Troy, Walworth County Board and East Troy Chamber of Commerce, formed by the Walworth County Economic Development Alliance, plan on taking over the Buell name and continue producing motorcycles at the East Troy, Wisconsin plant, where more than 180 people currently work.

According to reports, the group of American businessmen will meet with company founder Erik Buell to discuss about the possibilities to revive what until last week was the wholly-owned subsidiary of HD. We hope for the best.

Edited by InyaAzz

Udell and I hung out... Garrett, well, his doesn't hang. :( But, you knew that.

:eek:

Hehehehe. Morning chuckle.

O.K. I FINALLY got my mind made up, those pics did it for me. I need the info. where to order that stuff from ( Europe?) I'm taking another day off tomorrow and slapping some $ down. i'll let you know how it goes.

http://www.trojan-horse.co.uk/prods/pc13.html

For the full fairing kit, you're looking at $960 + VAT + Shipping. So, although the kit is tits...you'll be spending close to $1500 to get it to look that way. FYI.

If you're shipping to the US, you don't pay VAT, just shipping...

http://www.trojan-horse.co.uk/prods/249.html

Shopping Cart Continue Shopping

Please note: Currency used on this web site is UK Pounds Sterling. If you are ordering from overseas please check the exchange rate with your currency using the currency converter in the right hand column of our home page before ordering.

Prices shown do not include UK VAT tax, which is payable by residents of the European Union. This will be added automatically at the end of the check out process. Customers from outside the EU will not have this tax added.

UK customers (with the exception of Scottish Highlands and Islands) will pay a maximum rate of £10 for shipping by Parcelforce UK 24 hour service. (Overseas shipping charges are calculated on volume/weight and will be added to the total bill when this is calculated. Please enquire as to exact shipping charge for your order.)

Please Note: If you are ordering from outside the United Kingdom and wish to check shipping charges, please contact us first to get a quote including shipping charges, as these are not included in the order form for overseas deliveries and will need to be added to the final order total.

Orders are processed within 24 hours and payment is taken at time of order. Please allow 28 days for delivery as some items may need to be ordered in to complete orders.

That, and using the currency conversion on their site... it was $869.05 @ 9AM today. So, with shipping, you might be in/out for < $1000.

Tpoppa, see above( if you come back to this thread let me know what you think. Anybody else want to help me spend money? ( on the bike) please, give me your opinions. I'd like to know.

XBs are teriffic as you as your riding style will take advantage of it's strengths. IP is correct. The chassis and suspension are top notch. If you compare the maintenance schedule to ANY other sporty bike...XBs require less scheduled maintenance (no valve adjustments, no throttle body sync, maintenance free belt drive, etc). The maintenance that is required is simple DIY. If you buy the service manual you'll have little reason to rely on a dealer. Realibility is very good.

They're not the fastest bikes I've owned, but they are the most fun to ride.

Keep in mind, the 1125 motor is not Buell specific. It's built by Rotax and they are not going out of business.

Yes and no. It's a Buell engineered design that is made by Rotax. I doubt that you would be able to get parts through a channel other than HD (or one allowed by HD). HD bought out the Rotax contract, and still owns the rights to the design. As part of the buyout, all the unused 1125 motors are being shipped from Austria to Milwaukee where they will sit. HD is required to supply parts for 7 years, I suspect that they'll be available for significantly longer.

Edited by Tpoppa

I'm kinda wondering when our HD dealer sponsor (AD Farrow) is going to chime in and let us know their inventory status. I looked on the website, and all I saw were HDs....

It's a shame Shitty had to go to Youngstown to get a deal... when AD Farrow would've been right there for him.

?????

Edited by JRMMiii

I'm kinda wondering when our HD dealer sponsor (AD Farrow) is going to chime in and let us know their inventory status. I looked on the website, and all I saw were HDs....

It's a shame Shitty had to go to Youngstown to get a deal... when AD Farrow would've been right there for him.

?????

If you buy a Buell do two things:

1. Buy the Service Manual - Buell manuals are written in plain English and will GREATLY reduce your dependency on a dealer. Over 6 years of owning XBs, I've spent about $100 total at local dealers.

If for some reason the OH Buell dealers go away, you could take your Bike and Manual to someone like IP, he could easily handle the maintence, valve adjust (not needed on XBs), etc.

2. Join www.Badweatherbikers.com - There is WAY, WAY more Buell expertise on this site than at any dealer, including a large knowledge vault. Quite a few dealers are BWB sponsors and will ship parts at a discount for BWB members.

I got the 1125R in white w/ the blue rims. I opted for the body kit from Buell cause I got a good deal on it. A long day, had to go all the way to freakin' Mentor to get it.

Jim Richards and Mike "Evil" Irwin were great to deal with. If you were gonna get one, they still have stock, although the price jumped on them a little. i didn't get it for $5400, but i feel like I still got a good deal.

As far as F&S, Farrows, Hale's and a couple dealers in Ky., they can all kiss my BIG RED ASS!

I can tell you some stories about today for sure. I'd deal with these guys again or the dealership in Piqua. But that would be about it.

Trying to get a picture downloaded, but my kid's cell phone isn't cooperating.

They have several left. CR and R, red. They had the cherry translucent XB that Inya liked and some other cool stuff.

The suck ass part is I couldn't bring it home tonight so I got to go back and get it. But, the deal is done.

Well............ not exactly. The guy at Western Reserve has a re-map that he has worked with and is giving up a copy of it. As far as Farrows. I called them today, all I could out of them over the phone was " WE have one left and we're not sure what we're going to do with it." I asked her if she was going to make a freakin' museum piece out of it, or if she wanted to sell it. " I'll have to check with the owner." WTF?! You Should make WR HD your sponsor,

Well............ not exactly. The guy at Western Reserve has a re-map that he has worked with and is giving up a copy of it. As far as Farrows. I called them today, all I could out of them over the phone was " WE have one left and we're not sure what we're going to do with it." I asked her if she was going to make a freakin' museum piece out of it, or if she wanted to sell it. " I'll have to check with the owner." WTF?! You Should make WR HD your sponsor,

I guess the remaps are the hot shit with the 1125's.

Have you prepped the 'busa for the emotional hit she'll have to take when she finds out about your white mistress?

He's got jungle fever...we've got jungle fever.......

I got the 1125R in white w/ the blue rims. I opted for the body kit from Buell cause I got a good deal on it. A long day, had to go all the way to freakin' Mentor to get it.

Jim Richards and Mike "Evil" Irwin were great to deal with. If you were gonna get one, they still have stock, although the price jumped on them a little. i didn't get it for $5400, but i feel like I still got a good deal.

As far as F&S, Farrows, Hale's and a couple dealers in Ky., they can all kiss my BIG RED ASS!

I can tell you some stories about today for sure. I'd deal with these guys again or the dealership in Piqua. But that would be about it.

I'd rather have the Rotax...but I'd be spending a good amount of coin to get the aesthetics to where I want them to be. So that kind of negates the whole point of buying the bike cheaply..whereas the XB only needs minor mods for me to be truly happy with it. Hoooooooooooooligan!

Trying to get a picture downloaded, but my kid's cell phone isn't cooperating.

They have several left. CR and R, red. They had the cherry translucent XB that Inya liked and some other cool stuff.

The suck ass part is I couldn't bring it home tonight so I got to go back and get it. But, the deal is done.

Congrats. I talked to Mentor HD about that XB..but they want too much for it. I'm not at the point where I'm gonna pull the trigger, so it wasn't worth my time to talk shit over the phone.

Edited by InyaAzz