Buell

RSVDon

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What you did a track day, how did I miss that? You will be okay the first couple of times when you are heavily supervised but once you are turned loose on your own stupid things happen quickly. I know this because I have totaled a Busa at the track. The XB would be a better choice for track use your first couple of years at the track. It appears to be way more comfortable than the 10 but that would be hard to tell without riding one. I had a Road King Classic that sucked for comfort at least for me but I could ride the Busa to Florida no problem.

Did someone say having a Buell gets you pussy?

Matter of fact, I just LEFT LE HD to see if they had it in red...and tried the seat out again. Remind me never to go into an HD shop with gear and a backpack on. Fucking morons.

Normally, I wouldn't quote myself, but it's a relevant rant from another thread.

The HD dealer network completely fucked Buell. The sales staff knew nothing about sportbikes. Gear & accessories were basically nonexistent, unless you wanted tassels and chrome. Walk into an HD dealer in actual riding gear and you're looked at like a retard. As much as I have liked my 2 Buells, I couldn't stand setting foot inside the HD Boutique.

If Buell was sold along side Ducati, Triumph, BMW, Aprilia, etc, there would be more people sitting on them in showrooms and more being sold. And the sales staff would know what the fuck they wer talking about. Sad day...

Normally, I wouldn't quote myself, but it's a relevant rant from another thread.

Ugh..I can't complain too much about the sales staff on my second trip..although it took almost 25 minutes before someone even acknowledged I was there, and I won't mention the idiot customers. I had to school one of them about the Thunderstorm vs. the Rotax.

This thursday in Lorain, Ohio, a 1125r will be available for Demo. Just let me know and you can watch me ride it up and down the street

If you make a pit stop can I wipe your shield and serve you water before you take off again?

What you did a track day, how did I miss that? You will be okay the first couple of times when you are heavily supervised but once you are turned loose on your own stupid things happen quickly. I know this because I have totaled a Busa at the track. The XB would be a better choice for track use your first couple of years at the track. It appears to be way more comfortable than the 10 but that would be hard to tell without riding one. I had a Road King Classic that sucked for comfort at least for me but I could ride the Busa to Florida no problem.

Did someone say having a Buell gets you pussy?

It seems Shitty will be riding pussy up and down the street in Lorain. Not sure if that will get him a ticket....

I did a track day with a borrowed suit in the 06. It wasn't at Mid Ohio.

You have a point about being turned loose. I'll just try to keep Rt60 in the back of my head. :)

There is a BIG difference in the seat of the 12Ss Long, and the XB12Scg and XB9SX. The latter two feel like a rock compared to the Long....and they aren't hard seats at all, it's just that going from the Ss straight to the other two is THAT big a difference.

Really, I'm just looking to tool around with something halfway fun that can chop some corners up. The ZX10 beats my body like a limp dick...I love it, but damn it's a love/hate relationship. And $5-6K for an 09 with a 2 year warranty is hard to pass up. Plus it looks tits.

Plus it looks tits.

Hate to call you out, but have you ever seen tits?

buell-white-300x227.jpg

Close, not still not tits. :D

What are you waiting for... wave that huge wad of cash in front of LE HD and tell him you'll throw in the BBK for free if they'll let you walk out of there on a new discontinued American Sportbike.

Hate to call you out, but have you ever seen tits?

buell-white-300x227.jpg

Close, not still not tits. :D

What are you waiting for... wave that huge wad of cash in front of LE HD and tell him you'll throw in the BBK for free if they'll let you walk out of there on a new discontinued American Sportbike.

Yeah..I've seen that one..and out of all the colors I like that one the best...but IMHO the Firebolt in that scheme looks WAAAYYY better. I'm sorry..I'm trying to like the big hoover suction pods on the side and the retarded Yamaha front end..but it's just not doing it for me. If I'm going to step down (LOL..I said DOWN) to a discontinued bike, at least let me love the styling. I can say, I truly love the styling on the Lightning.

Someone go out there and find me a Cherry Bomb Red XB12Ss. Close by.

yeah, they have a bunch at the dealership right next to me.

they're at 3000 off MSRP of the XB's, but i suspect their price will go lower as other dealerships keep dropping prices to get rid of inventory.

I called F&S in Dayton today. The one at $5160 was gone. They had 3 left choice of red or black for $5400 (1125CR) i asked why the price dif. I was told it had to do with how long the bikes had been in inventory. The cheaper ones had been there all year..... Didn't make sense

Are you getting one? I understand the floor plan/finance, but for having a bike on the floor all year vs. a month or so for $350.00, doesn't seem like much of a dif. The the sales guy said, " Oh yeah, by the way the little plastic cover that goes over the pass. seat is missing. You'd have to get that if you wanted it" A perfect indicator of the attitude you'll have to endure for any parts. If I bought a bike, you can bet the Dealer would have to find the missing part.

Yeah, there's a few around here, just not sure I want to go that route. It's like everything else, they quit making it and all of sudden it's the greatest thing that ever was. They're cool, but......

Its not that they stopped making them and got cool...but for 12K I have about 10 other bikes id rather have... But a brand new one for 5K... makes it a littl more shweet!