How many miles do you get?

Likwid

How many miles do you get after the light/reserve?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. How many miles do you get after the light/reserve?

AFTER you switch to reserve / fuel light comes on?

Most of us have the fortunate experience of NOT knowing, but I want to find out. I'm on reserve now and have a gas can ready to go (fits in my saddlebag). The only way you'd know is to extrapolate from your fill-up/mileage right?

Anyway, anyone know, on purpose or accident.

im not sure but im betting less than 10 to 15

I find it odd, my tank is 4 gallons, I hit reserve at 100 miles, but if I fill up right then it's usually 2.5 gallons.. which would mean I have another 50-60 miles before empty.

I refuse to believe this, so I'm determined to find out exactly when I'm going to run out of gas :)

I find it odd, my tank is 4 gallons, I hit reserve at 100 miles, but if I fill up right then it's usually 2.5 gallons.. which would mean I have another 50-60 miles before empty.

I refuse to believe this, so I'm determined to find out exactly when I'm going to run out of gas :)

im getting close to 36 to 40 mpg. my tank holds 4.2 gal and im pretty sure the light comes on when its damn near empty. usually put on about 4 gallon so i would think comes on with less than half gallon. :dunno:

I came awful close to pushing once.

I put 2.6 gal in a 2.7 tank which was about 9 miles after going to reserve.

Note the age of the bike, your mileage will vary.

Wow, I've actually driven almost the whole way home from work on reserve (20 miles), so I know it's more than that. My buddy chopped his bike, I think his new tank is 2 gallons :lol:

My tank is 6.6 gallons...will hit reserve with about 1.5 left which puts me at about 60-65 miles. If I'm pulling a trailer that drops to about 50-55. Otherwise I'll know with the sputtering and lurching.

Holy crap! Is it fuel injected? The sputtering/spitting I'm used to, but it's usually within 1-2 miles before I run out so I never took it that far on reserve

I try to carry one of these on long' date=' out of state trips.

Amazon.com: Laken Fuel 1-Liter Bottle: Sports & Outdoors

Pick one up and carry it in your bike purse.. er, I mean saddle bag.

STOP MAKING FUN OF MY MANBAGS!

Not a bad idea actually, the gas can takes up a whole bag so this is certainly more practical :)

4.9 gallon tank. I've got .95 gallons after the low fuel light comes on, supposedly. That's 42 to 57 miles. I've never managed to run out. Although a couple of times I'm pretty sure the low fuel light wasn't working. Nothing beats the Mark One eyeball. Look inside the tank.

Edited by ReconRat
looked it up, was way off on the size of the reserve.

I have a 4.5 gallon tank light will flash with (per manual) 1 gallon left. Light will stay on when it hits 1/2 gallon. I have had the light flash and go 60 miles and not stay on. I stop fill up and pump says I put in 3.29 gallons. So I have no clue. Wish I had a fuel gauge instead.

Holy crap! Is it fuel injected? The sputtering/spitting I'm used to, but it's usually within 1-2 miles before I run out so I never took it that far on reserve

Yeah, it's fuel injected. I still remember the carb days, though. Wouldn't hurt to carry one of those 1-liter fuel bottles though regardless...me likes. :)

I think it might be a vulcan thing Likwid.

My light also comes on around 100 miles. I've ridden 145 miles before the bike actually died. Pulled over, turned off the bike. Turned it back on, and rode to the gas station. I have a 4.5 gallon tank, and put 4.1 in it.