What do you like best about the shitty economy?

shittygsxr

all seriousness. i worked my ass off to get this far. it wasnt easy. started off making 10 an hour as a little bitch basically and working another job to make ends meet.dont get the skilled trades confused with the uaw. not all unions are the same. if we dont perform we get laid off. period. uaw does have it made for what they do, but they only make low -mid 20;s an hr. its not like it used to be, they have to work now. we all made choices to get us where we are now. i made my choice you made yours.

i have been working part time since i was 14, and even then i was full time in summer. i know its not to legal but its a family business. now do i think i should be making more........... absolutely! but with the way it is economy wise for a small business like ours i know there is no asking for that raise i could be getting any where else.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

todd- the truth is unions are going nowhere. actually numbers are up across the board. low quality cars. really. id disagree 110%. paying doctors and lawyers six figures is unreasonable. any ever say anything about them being lazy under worked sharks. nope. take the blinders off bud.

If you take home over $32 an hour then your base salary is at 6 figures. In all honesty if I only had to choose I would think that I would choose to pay the doctor the big salary. It really is a bad strategy for your argument to say that construction workers should get paid more than doctors.

paying doctors and lawyers six figures is unreasonable. any ever say anything about them being lazy under worked sharks. nope. take the blinders off bud.

Yeah, I think I'd rather pay a mexican $6 an hour to hang my drywall than to pay a mexican $6 an hour to do my kidney transplant.

im sorry its 32.51 is my taxable rate. doctors and lawyers are waaaayy over fucking paid. whys no one bitchin about them.you can agrue everyones overpaid if you really want to. i look at it like this. we all made our choices to get where the fuck we are today. some of us made good ones and some bad ones. if it wasnt for construction workers america wouldnt be what it is now. we are the base of this society and biuld it from nothing into something. but wer overpaid to build a hospital for the drs and ins to fuck millions of americans. if anyones overpaid its people in the medical field

no we will just pay the "people" who got a free ticket over here on my expense 200 an hr to tell me i had a cough. surgeons is one thing, but to charge what they charge is insane. thanks to worksmans comp claims somewhat. they fuck you up, no biggie they just chrage you more since their ins premium went up due to negligence.

im sorry its 32.51 is my taxable rate. doctors and lawyers are waaaayy over fucking paid. whys no one bitchin about them.you can agrue everyones overpaid if you really want to. i look at it like this. we all made our choices to get where the fuck we are today. some of us made good ones and some bad ones. if it wasnt for construction workers america wouldnt be what it is now. we are the base of this society and biuld it from nothing into something. but wer overpaid to build a hospital for the drs and ins to fuck millions of americans. if anyones overpaid its people in the medical field

You're only overpaid if there is someone who is willing to to do your job as well and for less money. Otherwise you are worth what the market dictates. Whether you like it or not, there are 10 mexicans in the home depot parking lot every day willing to do your job for less money. I've never seen 10 mexicans in the hospital parking lot trying to perform surgical operations.

You know why a doctor get paid $200,000 a year? It's because they spend 8 years in college, 2-4 years in residency, and have at least $100,000 worth of debt.

You're only overpaid if there is someone who is willing to to do your job as well and for less money. Otherwise you are worth what the market dictates. Whether you like it or not, there are 10 mexicans in the home depot parking lot every day willing to do your job for less money. I've never seen 10 mexicans in the hospital parking lot trying to perform surgical operations.

You know why a doctor get paid $200,000 a year? It's because they spend 8 years in college, 2-4 years in residency, and have at least $100,000 worth of debt.

and thats the choice they made. im not complaining, just arguing. i think we all should be paid more. it is what it is. most stems from jealousy.

and thats the choice they made. im not complaining, just arguing. i think we all should be paid more. it is what it is. most stems from jealousy.

I might be just a mouth breather but how would anyone get ahead if we all were paid more? Kind of like we would all get ahead if we didn't pay any taxes, not gonna happen. Now if I quit paying taxes or made more money I would get ahead but if we all quit paying taxes or made more money our standard of living would remain the same. This is why some people educate themselves or learn a trade so they can better their standard of living.

Some of you are really bumming me out. I've got two degrees in Ecology and environmental science, have been working in laboratory positions for 20 years testing war gases and hazardous chemicals, and am excited because I have an interview Wed. for a position that starts at $12 an hour.:(

You're only overpaid if there is someone who is willing to to do your job as well and for less money. Otherwise you are worth what the market dictates. Whether you like it or not, there are 10 mexicans in the home depot parking lot every day willing to do your job for less money. I've never seen 10 mexicans in the hospital parking lot trying to perform surgical operations...

I agree. I can do almost anyone's job, but not for less.