ohio offroading

bruisedk7

does anyone know of anyplace in ohio i can legally offroad my jeep. i havent been off roading/trail riding yet so i need to do it somewhere suitable for beginners. right now the only thing ive been able to do is some random field hopping but gotta stop that for now cause my tires are pretty much shot

sweet! thanks guys i tried googling it but the only thing that came up was some places that are closed now. i prob should get it lifted wit bigger tires first but thats gotta wait till after the baby is born so i wanna try somewhere my stock suspension can handle wit some 31's. if anyone goes wheeling next spring give me a heads up if i not working i will try to go

im headed to adams county the weekend of the 7th and 8th of november. Your more than welcome to go. Going to see how well the pig does with a locker installed.

thanks for the invite but i prob wont have any new tires by then. put some pics up though if ya take any

i have a set off 33's laying around that I had on my yota and took them off my jeep but I have never got stuck with these things. I even have them on some 15x10 jeep 5 lug wheels if you can clear and want to wheel I will throw them on the trailer with my truck.

they are opening a new park down there and its supposed to be a free weekend to get people inticed to come out next year and pay to wheel. My buddy has land in pike county but its to far into deer season to wheel on huntable land.

Max Power and I used to run mud a whole lot down in Nelsonville Ohio in the Wayne National. We never bought a tag or anything and never ran into anyone. We could run for hours and moslty in the dark. I remember him peeing on the headlights.

there are a few places here in OH but not many at all...wellsville is awesome but it is a hell of a drive and god forbid you break something....if you leave your jeep on a trail over night or even walk away from it, everything will disappear. Painted rock OHV park near zanesville is ok if it is still open...many places have been lost or closed

http://www.ohio4x4.com/ this site organizes runs of different levels. we went on a run last year and i loved it! my son was 8 at the time and he was down for it too. after it was over, we ran with a few to another location called butt pucker. yeah, that didnt happen, but had fun watching.

found a hell of a spot to wheel in tipp city. Not sure who owns the land but I am def not the first one to be back there. Good hilly trails with lots of challenges to navigate in the path. A few mud holes back there but its more of a skill trail than mud.