Car Vs. Bike

Bluezx6r

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is my all-time favorite car vs. bike video, but it's comparing a prototype bike to a production nissan, not to mention that it's Freddie fucking Spencer riding the bike.

As much as I hate to admit it, cars should win a race more often - but this vid always makes me smile :)

YouTube - Car vs Street Bike vs 500cc GP Bike

but you HAVE to point out that they did their lap from a stop, which means there's more acceleration (from 0) than there would be on a flying lap. This plays to the bike's greatest strength, and the car's biggest weakness. I think a flying lap time for both would have been quite a bit closer.

It won't make hardly any difference at that track since the last corner is still a 30-40 mph max.

The fact the street bike made up the 15 second deficit and prolly opened 5-10 seconds on the car after means in on lap it went 20+ seconds in one lap.

Even more so on the GP bike, and that was on cold tires. Street tires back then didn't benefit from heat like today's but some, but even the slicks back then needed heat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXPqnMX46BQ

That one is slightly older but also from 5th gear. They just did separate runs for the car and bike and based the challenge on outright lap times rather than a head-to-head race where rider safety prevented overtaking. The Ducati still won.

Well they both will need just as much maintenance and money to run I say test both and go from there!

Cars still have the ultimate trump card . . .

. . . tried finding a picture of a Formula 1 car and this came up instead?

elisha-cuthbert-1920x1200-20995.jpg

Called off the search.

Ah who am I kidding, I'd still take the car

F1ButtonsundaySE.jpg

:lol:

well now if this is a question of whether I'd rather ride a bike, or drive a formula 1 car...fawk I'll take a formula 1 car.

But if it is ride a kickass bike, or some mustang...pshhht BIKE.

lol, funny you say that. The other day I just had a forth gen mustang think he could beat me. He saw me coming up, punched the gas. I was like, ok Im game. He stayed in front due to no passing zones and other cars. Then he passed the last car and I flew past him as he got over. I shoulda looked at his face as I passed him. lol

Bike over mustang any day :D

• 1 month later...
lol, funny you say that. The other day I just had a forth gen mustang think he could beat me. He saw me coming up, punched the gas. I was like, ok Im game. He stayed in front due to no passing zones and other cars. Then he passed the last car and I flew past him as he got over. I shoulda looked at his face as I passed him. lol

Bike over mustang any day :D

Im your huckleberry :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...