2010 Trip - Glacier National Park, Montana

Earache

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've not picked a date yet - but it would most likely be in June / July.

I just wanted to post up early enough for people to make some long range plans if they need to.

We'd just pick a date that was mutually acceptable to all that really want to go.

And Ben; we'll skip Texas this year, I promise!

I was just looking at the miles to Denver this morning. Good timing.

I see that you're passing through Cedar Rapids and Des Moines. I've got family in those towns. My cousin owns 4 bars in Des Moines. :) And, Billings, MT! That's where I was born, and I've wanted to get back.

Maybe I missed it, but how many miles a day do you plan to ride? I think my limit is 500-600.

I'm interested in tagging along.

Maybe I missed it, but how many miles a day do you plan to ride? I think my limit is 500-600.

That'd probably be the minimum for each day with several days in the 750 mile range. It just has to be done this way inorder to cover the entire 5,000 miles in 7-10 days.

I haven't worked out a day by day trip itinerary yet, but will do soon. Then you can see what days we'll be doing long miles on.

That'd probably be the minimum for each day with several days in the 750 mile range. It just has to be done this way inorder to cover the entire 5,000 miles in 7-10 days.

I haven't worked out a day by day trip itinerary yet, but will do soon. Then you can see what days we'll be doing long miles on.

Yep, after submitting my previous post I did the math. I did just over 600 one day on a trip to Florida a couple years ago. 750 would be a solid day.

I'll watch for the day-by-day itinerary.

I've not picked a date yet - but it would most likely be in June / July.

I just wanted to post up early enough for people to make some long range plans if they need to.

We'd just pick a date that was mutually acceptable to all that really want to go.

And Ben; we'll skip Texas this year, I promise!

I hate Texas. :lol:

i love looking at your pics. if you make it to montana, you could always make a quick run over the border to Banff. Stellar views, hotsprings, underground caverns, buffalo, gondola and elk roams just about everywhere down any given street. you hunters would shed a tear. just dont go during mating season in september, where at night when you are camping, its a bid loud.

i love looking at your pics. if you make it to montana, you could always make a quick run over the border to Banff. Stellar views, hotsprings, underground caverns, buffalo, gondola and elk roams just about everywhere down any given street. you hunters would shed a tear. just dont go during mating season in september, where at night when you are camping, its a bid loud.

Nah, too many Canadians. Plus they have all that crap in Montana and we don't have to carry passports that way...

IMG_5353Large.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I know I'm brand new and I've still gotta get my bike and endorsement and everything. But, if it all works out I'd definitely be willing to try and see if I could work it out to join it! This trip looks beautiful, and since I have been to almost everywhere you've mentioned at one point in my life with my parents, it's planned out perfectly.

Just wondering.... but, has anyone ever thought of a west coast ride (something that would go up the pacific coast along Big Sur, California?! IMO, it's probably the most beautiful 3-4 hour drive in the US.

Just wondering.... but, has anyone ever thought of a west coast ride (something that would go up the pacific coast along Big Sur, California?! IMO, it's probably the most beautiful 3-4 hour drive in the US.

Yup - that was the 2008 ride and the 2004 as well as the 2002 ride. It's been done to death already. But, still might do it again in the future. Or you can organize another ride!

IMG_9583Medium.jpg

IMG_9574Medium.jpg

IMG_9564Medium.jpg

IMG_9556Medium.jpg

IMG_9495Medium.jpg

Edited by Earache

hey earache, where are those first two pictures of?!

I'm guessing the first is either wash state or wyhoming, and the second maybe wyhoming or montana?! (I might just be way off)

The first two pics in Post #43 are from Lake Tahoe, Cali.

Snowy road is on the way up to Crater Lake, Oregon.

The others are from Bumfuck, NorCal

The first two pics in Post #43 are from Lake Tahoe, Cali.

Snowy road is on the way up to Crater Lake, Oregon.

The others are from Bumfuck, NorCal

Oh, alright. Eitherway that's just plain beautiful!:D

I used to go to a camp up in Canada that had rivers and lakes like that, except we were in the complete middle of nowhere with no roads and only canoes....:p

This trip is sounds better and better.