Military Vets- Post em up!

chevysoldier

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

went to a school with 3/4 range weeks. the first week was with the M590 Mossberg 12ga Shotty. my shoulder was destroyed.

unfortunatly we werent allowed off base during the week and there was def a shortage of ice and tylenol. ouch.

I spent 04 Running Convoy security manning the 50 cal with the 1st ID.

223 days, 15431 miles, 14 roadside bombs, etc...

also, I am a teacher in South Western City Schools in Columbus and my students sent over 100 lbs of school supplies that we passed to the locals that were without as we were out and about...

But the MK19 really put me on swole.

I can feel that thing now

Floomp. floomp. Floomp.

Then.

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

Haha love it.

The MK19 is explosive hottness. Only time I got ot handle one was MCT, but gawdamn it was sweet.

This was me (on the right) and a buddy while deployed to Nyuta Air Base on the island of Nyurtaburu, which is off the southeast coast of mainlaind Japan. The small detachment from our squadron were the only round eyes on the island. We lived in the Japanese Air Force's barracks, ate their cuisine in their chowhall, and drank lots and lots of their liquor. They were incredible hosts, and one of the fondest memories I have of my time overseas.

[ATTACH]1452[/ATTACH]

also, I am a teacher in South Western City Schools in Columbus and my students sent over 100 lbs of school supplies that we passed to the locals that were without as we were out and about...

A non up armored 5T? I don't envy you at all on that one. Glad to see you made it back alive.

Welcome to the board.

Was at Al Jaber, Kuwait from Aug 01 to Dec 01

WOW, I look really young in these pics!! I forgot how long ago it has been since I was in the service.

One on the left in front of our P19 aircraft rescue firefighting (ARFF) vehicle

KuwaitP19.jpg

Trying to look like John Rambo! HAHA

DSC00831a.jpg

Helped load the 1st bombs that were droped after 9/11!

DSC00833.jpg

KuwaitFDpic-1.jpg

• 1 year later...
cool pics....i hope everyone survived the roadside bombs but i see a few guys got purple hearts

We had 14 total purple hearts, no deaths thank goodness...

A non up armored 5T? I don't envy you at all on that one. Glad to see you made it back alive.

We were there in 2004. They didnt have armored up stuff. Nothing like having rounds zip right by you to wake you up like a good ol cup of joe!

Welcome to the board.

Thanks!

Whoa, I didn't even see that. Good catch max power :D

Welcome.

Dont feel bad... i didnt either.

Welcome!

I am sorry I didnt get back on here earlier. Glad to be aboard! I am always on G35driver.com as I am the Ohio G35 Club President. I ride 10 times more than I drive but I forget about this forum sometimes...