Should I quit my job today

twisted12

So I got a new job last week and told my current employer on Saturday. Well when I told them they gave me a guarantee of a certain amount of money. Well when I opened my check of course it wasnt there. Now I am pissed I asked the asshole in charge and he said it would be there next week. I feel like leaving right now my wife is pissed and jobs are tough to come by. Should I give them the week. I have been down this road with these guys before. I should have never stayed.

Its a grey area if it fell under the pay period he did make it sound like it was effective immediatly. I think I should give it the week but my wife is really pissing me off about this shit. She is saying shit like "you should leave" or " go in there and raise hell" and I am like dont make me go there

oj-simpson-tv-book-special-hypothetical-11-16-2006.jpg

I can't say you should never accept a counteroffer from your current employer, but 90% of the time the HR articles I've read said it's bad to stay for numerous reasons.

I'm not really surprised your current employer would pull something like that... sad, but true.