DOT Track tire comparo!

4DAIVI PAI2K5

i'm going bridgstone this year..

Seriously? Don't be changing to a tire that has next to nobody running them. The article is good, but look at a few things they do not talk about. Corner entry, wear over a LOOOONG period of time, etc. Things racers need to look at. Plus, set up is important and it is hard to get notes from people when the most common tires in the paddock is Michelin, Pirelli and Dunlops...

Seriously? Don't be changing to a tire that has next to nobody running them. The article is good, but look at a few things they do not talk about. Corner entry, wear over a LOOOONG period of time, etc. Things racers need to look at. Plus, set up is important and it is hard to get notes from people when the most common tires in the paddock is Michelin, Pirelli and Dunlops...

Yea i know,but i liked the way they felt. I am going to try some michelins here in a week or 2 maybe. The article has nothing to do with my choice. Pirelli is great just cant afford many many sets.

Yea i know,but i liked the way they felt. I am going to try some michelins here in a week or 2 maybe. The article has nothing to do with my choice. Pirelli is great just cant afford many many sets.

Sacrificing quality and performance for the dollar amount spent is no way to support quality finishes nor a quality race program. Again, if you are wanting to succeed and put forth a best effort, BStones aren't the way to go.

Then again, you can look at the top WERA National and CCS/ASRA guys and see what they run and make a decision. Again, having that ability to compare notes and get feedback from your peers is something that is almost as valuable as the proper suspension...

Good luck. If you are going to test tires, let me just say that you will need a full day and a lot of changes to be made to give a proper evaluation. It takes a LOT of time and money as you'll need a lot of sets of each brand to give it a fair shot.

well look at a motogp team. I don't see them sharing notes with each other. and I also don't see rossi losing too often on bridgestones.

First, when you can ride as fast as they do, let me know and we can figure it out. Until then, we are talking club racing at the WERA level and AMA level on a privateer basis.

Second, if you even remotely think that the BStones they get are the same as the street DOT race tires here, you are a Marketing Team's best customer... After all, the Potenzas on your car are the same spec as an F1 car's tire, right?:rolleyes:

At a race level, look at any series with allowance of a non spec tire. Nothing wrong with spec tires, mind you, but to get a good feel (and I know you are at a lot of tracks and looking at racer's tires), you need to go to these events and see what everyone's running. Pirelli, Michelin and Dunlop rule the roost. The top guys setting lap records on these shit hole tracks when compared to the likes of MotoGP caliber tracks are doing it on one of those three brands.

True, a lot has to do with riding styles and what they want out of the bike in terms of feel and responses. But if it were all equal, they'd all be racing on Avons since they could get more free or spend less if they were or are buying them. They all aren't the same. Trust me.

First, when you can ride as fast as they do, let me know and we can figure it out. Until then, we are talking club racing at the WERA level and AMA level on a privateer basis.

Second, if you even remotely think that the BStones they get are the same as the street DOT race tires here, you are a Marketing Team's best customer... After all, the Potenzas on your car are the same spec as an F1 car's tire, right?:rolleyes:

At a race level, look at any series with allowance of a non spec tire. Nothing wrong with spec tires, mind you, but to get a good feel (and I know you are at a lot of tracks and looking at racer's tires), you need to go to these events and see what everyone's running. Pirelli, Michelin and Dunlop rule the roost. The top guys setting lap records on these shit hole tracks when compared to the likes of MotoGP caliber tracks are doing it on one of those three brands.

True, a lot has to do with riding styles and what they want out of the bike in terms of feel and responses. But if it were all equal, they'd all be racing on Avons since they could get more free or spend less if they were or are buying them. They all aren't the same. Trust me.

shit if I was winning races you think I'd share all my hard work with someone else? not a frigging chance buddy:flingpoo:

shit if I was winning races you think I'd share all my hard work with someone else? not a frigging chance buddy:flingpoo:

Setup may not be completely shared, but there's a LOT of shared info within the pits. Who runs what, chassis set ups can be seen easily, etc.

Unlike MotoGP where they have walls within even teams, WERA and even AMA privateers have a lot of shared info... Even if kept secret, it is easy to tell changes and such... Plus, if one guy doesn't share, there will be some that do.

The idea is that if 100 racers are at the track and 60 have Pirelli, 30 have Michelin and 7 have Dunlop, that's not many with BStone. Plus, if out of those 7 there are only 1-2 with the same bike as you and ride at about the same pace as you, there's a high chance you MIGHT not get as good feedback as if you ran the top two tire brands...