Another great job done by DucRX

jbot

Earlier today, I called DucRX (Isaac's Papa) to come over and install the handlebar kit on my new Buell 1125CR. Pauly came the same day, and got to work. A couple hours later, things were not looking too good because of widely known issues with the cables included in the kit (unfortunately, they were not widely known to me til today after talking with Pauly and consulting some Buell forums lol). Despite this problem, Pauly stuck around for a couple hours more after that, trying to diagnose the problem, and ultimately got around the issues for the most part despite having shit for parts (and instructions) to work with.

With the exception of my yamahahaha, Pauly has worked on every single one of my bikes so far, and I've got nothing but happy thoughts when I think about the work he's done. Even this job, with the shit for parts and directions... it just shows his expertise with bikes of all kinds and ability to work around a problem.

If any of you are trying to find someone who is just a natural with bikes and about as stand up as motherfucking Lincoln, Pauly's your guy. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone, any bike, any problem, any time.

Edited by jbot
grammar, spelling, hookers, blow

damn jbot how many bikes are you up to now

lol. too many. i'm going to go on an aggressive down sizing campaign this coming spring. When it's all over, I should have 3 bikes left.

Is this a paid endorsement? I have to check.

lol, i was paid with a tongue lashing for being incompetent in every way. the most I did while he worked on my bike was to chant "I'm helping! I'm helping! durr" and get in his way. also, i made completely obvious suggestions which landed me many eye rollings.

for some reason i can see you holding a wrench and yelling that :lol:

that's basically what i did. he asked me for a 10mm wrench and i was like, "I haz a 8mm, 11mm, and 12mm lol. i'm helping!"

• 3 months later...

New jobs update:

actually, pauly's done a couple bikes since my last update. or before. can't remember.

honda 600rr: he changed the tires after a long season (well, long for me) of track days and some street rides. also, changed the oil. he checked the brakes (i didn't tell him, he did this he is just thorough) and found out the stock pads were toast. he did some other stuff i'm forgetting. jump to yesterday, and i had the pads, a set of brake lines for the front and pads for the rear ready for him. he put those on, the front pads were definitely shot lol. anyone know how to bed in carbone lorraine SBR/XBR pads?

buell 1125cr: changed the oil and some other junk.

my gf's subie impreza: oil and tranny fluid flush. i kinda dumped this on him like literally when he got to my house. but he did it anyway and was good about it. my gf owes me money lol. the tranny is a lot smoother shifting now though.

as per usual, he did a great job and got it done on budget and on time. by the time i took a break from the shop, he was done and cleaning up.

now the bikes are ready.

one thing pauly didnt have time to do (another thing i threw at him last min) was diagnose my problem with the 600rr. it sometimes shuts off when clutching in. it only started doing it after i put in the power commander, i think. anyone know why it might do that? i'm just running the map from dynojet for a 2003 600rr with full yosh rs-5 exhaust (which is what i have). when he has more time and i have more money, i'll have him take some time and really take a look at it.

UP, I didn't know you people understood what sarcasm was? whodathunkit?

i just threw the car work at him cause i knew he worked on his subie outback and i was too lazy to drop the gf's subie at the local mechanic's. plus i knew he'd be cheaper.

the 600rr, i just dont know what's going on. i thought it might've been a pinched fuel line but the way it shuts off while clutching in doesn't make sense. I mean, it's not a big problem since i won't be clutching in a whole lot while at the track, but i'd rather not have that in the back of my mind while going slow at mid-Oh. but he got the important stuff done so i was happy.

I don't think he can work on I4s they are too fast and scare him. I didn't know he did car work, he should advertize more.

In addition to giving handjob's for cash, pauly also used to be an auto mechanic in a former life.

Jbot, I'm willing to bet that your problem has to do with that fucked up, no connector having, ebay PC that you bought. I'd recheck all the rewiring.

In addition to giving handjob's for cash, pauly also used to be an auto mechanic in a former life.

You see he really should be advertizing more I had no idea that handjobs were part of the services he offers. If he is as good at that as I hear he is with bike work there might be no need for a girlfriend.

UP, I didn't know you people understood what sarcasm was? whodathunkit?

What do you mean by "you people"?? Are you implying just because Tod's black, he can't also be sarcastic??

Sarcasm, what's that?

He said Tod not Todd.

He altered my quote ;)

Common mistake.

A lot of people drop the second "d". It doesnt bother me - its silent anyway.

Shouldn't bother you.... I wasn't talkin' about you :D