Auto mechanic needed

cmh_sprint

Does anyone on here know or is a good engine mechanic? I just found out the wife's F-150 needs the head gaskets replaced. The dealer quoted $2400. I know that is high but don't know any good mechanics locally. Thanks in advance.

Edited by cmh_sprint

Does anyone on here know or is a good engine mechanic? I just found out the wife's F-150 needs the head gaskets replaced. The dealer quoted $2400. I know that is high but don't know any good mechanics locally. Thanks in advance.

We're a little far away, but I'm SURE our shop could beat that price. Well, I had better ask, what year and what engine, first....

I can ask a couple connections about shops closer to you, if noone else has any recommendations....

dude that sucks, start that bitch on fire

dude that sucks, start that bitch on fire

You have to f'ing idea. I've hated this truck since she bought it. I just dumped a shit load into it a few months ago for other issues. Seriously thinking about dumping it and buying a new car.

ive been lucky with my fords. and as a tech i love gm's fuck ups hub bearings and leaky intakes all day and i love mopars shitty power steering racks, pinion seals, outer tie rods and the 30k front and rear diff service as well as transfer case and spark plugs. must be why they are goverment owned and ford isnt.

ive been lucky with my fords. and as a tech i love gm's fuck ups hub bearings and leaky intakes all day and i love mopars shitty power steering racks, pinion seals, outer tie rods and the 30k front and rear diff service as well as transfer case and spark plugs. must be why they are goverment owned and ford isnt.

Ad to the list, Chrysler for their awesome transmissions, Ford for their 3 valve 5.4 (WHY????) and all the vehicles that owners neglect.....

Thanks for all the help and commentary. I was able to find a recommended shop in Marysville that will do the work for $1800. Now I just need to determine if I want to have the work done or dump and run.

to determine this I would consider how long you are gonna keep it. From the sound of it you have already dumped a ton of money in it so this is a good jumping off point. IMO I say dump the truck unless you are going to run it til it dies

If it were me I would find a used junk yard motor and have it thrown in.Seems like the cost is about the same, I bought a 80k mile 5.4 for mine for like 900 paid 500 labor(guy I found on CL) had some stuff done like new plugs n wires and fluids all together it was like 1700. I've since sold the truck to a friend who still has it it has almost 300k on it now did the swap at like 160. Its been my experience with ford motors if they have been overheated they never run right after that. seems as if it does long term damage to the rest of the parts and failure is a lot more likely. Again just my 2 cents