Which type of jacket do you prefer?

Jcroz91

For the price, Which do you prefer?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. For the price, Which do you prefer?

• Textile
    • Leather
    • Mesh

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so what is it?

a 600 that was totaled and they put all of the shit on a 750 frame?

or was it a totaled 750 that they found 600 fairings for?

does it even have a 600 or 750 decal on the tail?

before you bought the bike i believe it would have been of great intelligence to do this little thing called research that a fine young OSU scholar like yourself should be accustom to by this point in your ripe old age of 19. i'm so amazed by the amount of things that you own as just being 19. would you ike me to list the things that many other people on this forum as well as myself have owned at a young age?

stop acting like fucking howie hardass bragging about shit that doesn't mean a broke dogs dick to any of us. you're still cool in my book. actually you're probably the coolest 19 year old that got the shit scammed out of him on a bike deal :)

i just said i dont like the colors as much as others. its too dark and its a 750. i wanted black and orange. thats only for 1000's tho. i doubt i do. im just saying i wouldnt mind changing the fairings.

:beating: Sorry to inform you but orange is already taken for a gixxer. Oh, did I mention you make me sad to own my bike? Well you do! You are a real piece of work sitting on here being a DB to people you don't even know. These guys and girls on here know a lot more about life and bikes then you.

Like others have said, and I will say it again. Stop trying to be some hard ass and listen to what we have to say. I have learned a great deal about how to ride, and even work on my own bike from the guys on here!

If you want respect on this board try giving some first not just coming on here and acting like an ass!

Just my opinion.....carry on!

*sigh* do i need to put my banner back up? :nono:

anyway jcroz, the people here are genuinely very helpful and they know a LOT! If you don't try to act like you know more than them (bc it is very clear that you don't- I'm not attacking just observing), then they can be very cool and even more helpful than they have already been.

I heart you! :lol:

I'm currently attending MMI, half the kids in my class are frakin idiots who don't know the first thing about working on bikes or understand the concepts being explained to them 50 million frakin times, but hey, as long as they attend class they'll pass. B/c if MMI doesn't pass enough students, they don't get money from Uncle Sam anymore :(

this.

is why i do all my own work.

i went in and raised hell cause the guy wasnt answering my calls. they finally just switched the title

only made it this far in the thread before i felt the need to post...ill finish reading the rest in a bit...did anyone else catch this? heres what he said on CR

got it all worked out today. title in my name. heres the story...

went to a diff title office in delaware and they said the same thing as the first so we decided to go to dayton. went to this tim guys house and talked to him. ends up that tim is "jr's" friend. tim sold JR the bike but kept it in his name so they wouldnt have to pay taxes. JR had tim sign the title and give it to him when he wanted to sell the bike. but tim put gift and JR scratched it out and put $3000. this tim guy got pissed and called this jr guy and yelled at him for not answering my texts and stuff. but tim was more than willing to go to the title office with me and get a new title. we put it as a gift so i didnt have to pay any taxes and everything got taken care of.

so now the titles in my name and i got it plates so im set to go. thank god!

thanks everyone for all the advise. i was really getting worried i was up shits creek here

Personally I have had good luck with both my textile jackets. My JR Ballistic 5.0 (Touring 3/4 length) survived my low speed low side with out much more than a couple scratches. I still wear it as my primary spring/fall coat. The other I have was a bargain ($60) Teknic regular length coat. It has been plenty comfortable for the summer months. Never been down with it but seems to have good protection.

It's all up to you in the end. If you ride like some I hear about on here you might want to go leather. If you're more of a sport touring rider vs. road racer I would get a textile. The choice is yours. Personally I would never wear mesh but that's just me. I've seen enough shred on impact to figure it's a waste of money.

This thread is pathetic! Why can't people just answer the damn questions and be done with it? Forget it! I already know......... It's the OR web thug way. Pathetic!

So you're upset that people strayed from the topic at hand to call someone out? Weird... you just did that too...

:boxing::D

So you're upset that people strayed from the topic at hand to call someone out? Weird... you just did that too...

:boxing::D

It's like every thread around here. It gets old reading through 12 pages bashing to get to the topic.

Just had to vent a little. My purpose of "calling out" was to stay on topic not to change the topic. Big difference imo.

It's like every thread around here. It gets old reading through 12 pages bashing to get to the topic.

Just had to vent a little. My purpose of "calling out" was to stay on topic not to change the topic. Big difference imo.

you didnt have to read through 12 pages...i used the search button and found like 4 or 5 pages of random threads of shit about gear...search button is your friend, my friend ;)

so... you think its ok that you called people out bc it was for something that frustrates you (ie people getting off topic)... maybe the people doing the calling out in this thread think its for a good reason too (good advice to a kid who is running around with illegal plates and no insurance).... Yea, it sucks reading through 12 pages, but its not like there aren't at 40 other threads talking about jackets that don't have the "life advice" in it...