winter hobbies?

oldschoolsdime92

I am having a hard time here. For the last few winters I have had a winter project. Last year I rebuilt the cbr. The year before that I was doing the v8 in the s10. This year I have the triumph. No project there. I have looked at buying an old bike and building a bobber, but I don't want to spend a bunch of money. Once I get the maintenance done on my lawn care equipment, im out of "work" after work. Anyone have any suggestions?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am having a hard time here. For the last few winters I have had a winter project. Last year I rebuilt the cbr. The year before that I was doing the v8 in the s10. This year I have the triumph. No project there. I have looked at buying an old bike and building a bobber, but I don't want to spend a bunch of money. Once I get the maintenance done on my lawn care equipment, im out of "work" after work. Anyone have any suggestions?

here's a suggestion: stop with the pansy projects and try something that takes more than 20 minutes. GAWD

jk, but here is some inspiration

My winter hobbies begin and end at penny pinching and working my ass off to make money.

I've already got a new bike in mind I wanna buy next season and list of mods as long as my arm I'd like to [eventually] put on it, so I'm eliminating virtually all unnecessesary spending and putting in as many hours at the office as I can :)

What's up with that Camaro in your avatar?

THAT's one of the projects that I need money for! It's time for some bodywork on it, and paint. I also have about half of the parts to put EFI on it (it's an 84, has a carb.) I spent about $4000 on the engine I built for it, about 6 or so years ago. I also would like to put a 6 speed transmission in it, since I keep failing at getting an automatic to work right in it (I rebuild transmissions sometimes as part of my job, and have rebuilt many of the same trasmission, but mine has never been right!)

Two of my other projects are in my avatar, as well. The Ninja 250 gets fresh paint, and the starter gearing fixed (started clutch, or something is broken) and the Interceptor needs new paint, and I would love to do a complete overhaul on the engine, but at least the timing chains need attention.

The next project is computer stuff, then home entertainment (TV, stereo, home theater, etc) and the list goes on from there....

Nice!

Indoor Football, school..if u call that a winter hobby :rolleyes: I'm picking up a mill and plan on making some parts for various things.

THAT is a cool idea. That's one BIG thing I miss about my old job. I made all sorts of stuff there! CNC Mill's, lathes, grinders, welders, pretty much anything needed! I actually built some CNC router machines.