crushed limestone/gravel on the road in sidney ohio

oldschoolsdime92

If anyone is riding in the area of spiker road in sidney be careful. There is crushed limestone all over the place.Townships and road crews use it in durapatcher machines.To give any of you who dont know what this is an idea, it has about the consistancy of sand but its the same color as the road. I was going into a nice sweeper and hit some. I was unable to turn. It was like riding a bicycle on the beach. I went down through the ditch, into someones front yard, through there yard. I got myself stopped, rode over to there driveway, made sure there was no one coming, and I just kept on riding. I must say this was one of the scariest situations riding I have ever had. The bike is fine, as am I. Just wanted to give anyone in the area the warning.

Edited by oldschoolsdime92

...I must say this was one of the scariest situations riding I have ever had. The bike is fine, as am I.

How about your pants? Did you get the chocolate pudding out of there? :D

Definately a shit-your-pants kinda moment! Glad you and the bike made it thru that unharmed!

haha, I really didnt panic. It was like slow motion. I realized what was happening and even thought to myself, im glad this ditch isnt deep, and once i hit the grass, i sorta went into dirt bike mode. I had my foot down and was on the brakes. got into town, brushed alittle dirt off my boot.

Oh, over by lockington......... You get out in the country, around these parts, you gotta keep your head up. Earlier in the year when I still had the CBR they covered my father-in-laws road in loose gravel (fessler-buxton) and I don't think I broke 40mph. Speakn of landon mill and demming.... be cool through those twisties. I remember 4 or so years ago a kid had gotten a Ducati over on Demming and took it for its first spin. He shot into one of the tight turns about mid way to 66 and went left of center........ meet a pick up head on. He and the bike are history.....................

Oh, over by lockington......... You get out in the country, around these parts, you gotta keep your head up. Earlier in the year when I still had the CBR they covered my father-in-laws road in loose gravel (fessler-buxton) and I don't think I broke 40mph. Speakn of landon mill and demming.... be cool through those twisties. I remember 4 or so years ago a kid had gotten a Ducati over on Demming and took it for its first spin. He shot into one of the tight turns about mid way to 66 and went left of center........ meet a pick up head on. He and the bike are history.....................

landon mill is pretty bad from what i hear,theres a guy that lives on the road that came out and threw somthing at a guy in a group my buddy was riding with and he went down and broke a few vertibrate. I was on fessler buxton today actually. I ride out that way all the time. I used to ride demming pretty hard, untill they crack sealed it. They used some cheap crack sealer and it was slippery as snot for awhile.

Yea, Landman Mill's a good road with some tight turns, but if you lose it there's only houses & trees to run into. Be careful.

Speaking of gravel they did nearly the whole road on St Rt 245 by West Liberty and Piatt Castles with that layer of gravel the put over tar to seal the cracks, that was interesting riding over. Glad I had the KLR at the time.

My father-in-laws place is the one with the mules and several large grey buildings. If you guys that run up in this area ever get out past fletcher some... bounce by the shop. Go out fletcher on 36 to the second road turn left, go to the first road turn right (Snyder Rd.). the shop is on the left and ya cant miss it. I'm usually there till 2 and I'm out there some evenings.

yea, if your coming down troy urbana up to piqua troy, that neighborhood off to your left side, im just back in there. ill definitly let you know next time I am headed out that way. I have a buddy of mine that lives out on lost creek shelby, and I go out there from time to time.

i ran into some of that shit up here. coming to a forked intersection, i wanted to go right. there was a car coming from the right and i went to go right... not going right, so i put my hand to tell them to stop, thankfully he stopped. i had no brakes, lucky it was a forked intersection and i was able to take the left and come to a stop. i bout shit myself. it was like ice. i guess thats where experience comes into play, right.