Open carry?

max power

AS per Todd #43's request, Here is a thread for the discussion of OC.

So have at it.

WHether you think the an armed society is a polite society, or you are full of panty waste, liberal faggotry and cower and beg for your miserable life at the sight of an armed citizen, you may lay down your totally awesome or retarded monkey spank opinion here. :thefinger:

Enjoy, Bitchez :boxing:

Edited by max power

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AS per Todd #43's request, Here is a thread for the discussion of OC.

So have at it.

Weather you think the an armed society is a polite society, or you are full of panty waste, liberal faggotry and cower and beg for your miserable life at the sight of an armed citizen, you may lay down your totally awesome or retarded monkey spank opinion here. :thefinger:

Enjoy, Bitchez :boxing:

"whether"

Also, I have no issue open carrying though I still look twice when I see someone OC in a place I don't expect it (basically any place but a gun shop or range).

I've been known to buckeye tuck or wear a shoulder holster in the car... but I'd say I'm judicious about it, parking lot or somewhere private I'll OC, but concealed is concealed, noone has to know I'm armed.

So there should be no problem transporting loaded rifleage or shottys on a bike?

Also can anyone get a CCW or is that just for the "Chosen" ?

:D

I have no qualms about unloading an AR15, opening the action, and putting it on my back to go to the range... so long as I trust the sling... fully legal so long as it's unloaded, same as putting it on a rifle rack.

i think it's a right that should be exercised more frequently. that said, i don't want to be hassled by the police for doing so... time is short, and I don't feel like taking some tard city to court cause they don't know the law and they harass me. and so, I CC instead of OC.

That said, if someone wants to put together a OR OC get together during the winter some time, I'd be happy to participate. Just make sure we let the local PD know what we're doing so it increases their awareness as well as the public's awareness.

i think it's a right that should be exercised more frequently. that said, i don't want to be hassled by the police for doing so... time is short, and I don't feel like taking some tard city to court cause they don't know the law and they harass me. and so, I CC instead of OC.

That said, if someone wants to put together a OR OC get together during the winter some time, I'd be happy to participate. Just make sure we let the local PD know what we're doing so it increases their awareness as well as the public's awareness.

:plus1:

Spot on there jbot.

So there should be no problem transporting loaded rifleage or shottys on a bike?

Also can anyone get a CCW or is that just for the "Chosen" ?

:D

Here are the requirements for a CCW Permit http://www.lcounty.com/sheriff/frmConcealed.aspx

How long ago did you get out of the military? If within 6 yrs, you dont need to take the class.

Also, I do believe all long guns must not be loaded, even if you have a CCW. A motorcycle is a motor vehicle so even if you OC your gun in plain view(holster a handgun) on a bike, it is considered CC as soon as you get on it. Unload them on the bike, and expect someone to call the police on you :D

Back to topic, I believe in OC because it is my right do do so. As soon as a get a holster for mine I might OC. It'll be easier to do with a CCW though because of the motor vehicle laws, see earlier in my post. But I will eventually OC and CC.

Edited by chevysoldier

a motorcycle is a motor vehicle so even if you OC your gun in plain view on a bike, it is considered CC as soon as you get on it.

Huh? If it's on your back unloaded, of course? what's the deal? yay or nay?..if you strapped it to the bike I see no problem but on your person i'm not sure.

a motorcycle is a motor vehicle so even if you OC your gun in plain view on a bike, it is considered CC as soon as you get on it.

Huh? If it's on your back unloaded, of course? what's the deal? yay or nay?..if you strapped it to the bike I see no problem but on your person i'm not sure.

If it is loaded, it is considered CC is my understanding. If it is unloaded then it is fine. I am trying to find the ORC for this right now to clarify. Maybe Likwid knows more?

From the AG Handbook:

A) “Vehicles” means everything on wheels or runners, including motorized bicycles, but does not mean electric personal assistive mobility devices, vehicles that are operated exclusively on rails or tracks or from overhead electric trolley wires, and vehicles that belong to any police department, municipal fire department, or volunteer fire department, or that are used by such a department in the discharge of its functions.

(B) “Motor vehicle” means any vehicle, including mobile homes and recreational vehicles, that is propelled or drawn by power other than muscular power or power collected from overhead electric trolley wires. “Motor vehicle” does not include utility vehicles as defined in division (VV) of this section, motorized bicycles, road rollers, traction engines, power shovels, power cranes, and other equipment used in construction work and not designed for or employed in general highway transportation, well-drilling machinery, ditch-digging machinery, farm machinery, and trailers that are designed and used exclusively to transport a boat between a place of storage and a marina, or in and around a marina, when drawn or towed on a public road or highway for a distance of no more than ten miles and at a speed of twenty-five miles per hour or less.

I have never oc yet?! I dont think I have any real reason to since I have my ccw. I dont want anyone to know I have a weapon on me unless I want to let them know. If you want to do sometype of OR OC thing thats fine it just cant be in cleveland. The only time I open carry is around my house sometimes.

Better Clarification:

Motorcycles fall under the definition of motor vehicles. Thus, the same

requirements apply to licensees who carry a handgun while on a

motorcycle.

If you DO NOT have a

concealed handgun license, you may not transport a loaded handgun

in any manner where it is accessible to anyone inside the vehicle

without leaving the vehicle. If you DO NOT have a license, you may not

transport a firearm in a vehicle unless it is unloaded and carried in one

of the following ways:

• In a closed package, box or case;

• In a compartment that can be reached only by leaving the vehicle;

• In plain sight and secured in a rack or holder made for that purpose;

or

• If it is a firearm at least twenty four inches in overall length and if

the barrel is at least eighteen inches in length in plain sight with the

action open or the handgun stripped, or if the firearm is of a type in

which the action will not stay open or cannot easily be stripped, in

plain sight.

Statutory Reference (s) R.C. 2923.16 (E) governs how licensees may

transport loaded concealed handguns in motor vehicles.

R.C. 2923.16 (B) – © governs how firearms must be otherwise transported

in a vehicle

I think I set this in the wrong way by saying you could if unloaded... to be clear.

NON-CCW holders

HANDGUNS: In car, or on motorcycle, must be unloaded and not accessible. I've heard the general rule of thumb is "how long will it take to make this a weapon"

LONGGUNS: In car, or on motorcycle, must be unloaded, action open

(4) If the firearm is at least twenty-four inches in overall length as measured from the muzzle to the part of the stock furthest from the muzzle and if the barrel is at least eighteen inches in length, either in plain sight with the action open or the weapon stripped, or, if the firearm is of a type on which the action will not stay open or which cannot easily be stripped, in plain sight. (emp added)

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2923.16

CCW holders

HANDGUNS: You're good. (Although I suspect open carrying will result in MWAG calls)

LONGGUNS: In car, or on motorcycle, must be unloaded, action open

(4) If the firearm is at least twenty-four inches in overall length as measured from the muzzle to the part of the stock furthest from the muzzle and if the barrel is at least eighteen inches in length, either in plain sight with the action open or the weapon stripped, or, if the firearm is of a type on which the action will not stay open or which cannot easily be stripped, in plain sight. (emp added)

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2923.16

You could have your gun in a thigh rig/holster and as soon as you get on your bike it falls under the same laws as any other motor vehicle. You cannot have a loaded firearm in/on a motor vehicle without a CHL. You can't even have loaded magazines in/on without a CHL. Long guns must always be unloaded in/on a vehicle.

Basically' date=' no permit = no loaded guns in the vehicle. That includes motorcycles.[/quote']

Yep. even if you put the unload gun locked in your trunk, and a full magazine in the glove box, that IS A LOADED GUN.

I actually have transported one gun on my bike. In my tail bag, in one zippered pocket I put the clips, in another pocket the ammo and then in the third a disassembled handgun locked in the case.

My cousin lived in Phoenix a couple of year. They open carry, he strapped on his anaconda and went to the grocery store. Freaked me out. While there I noticed 4 other guys with hand cannons walking around.

I would love to see a guy do that at the Walmart at Polaris or easton. The law would be all over it.

I'd like to see a permit process for Open Carry too (like the CCW), just for the simple fact that I know everyone openly carrying passes a background check. Any criminal argument in this thread is pretty moot since they aren't likely to open carry anyway - so it's kind of backwards that they make you pass a background check to legally CCW... I dunno, you can make the argument either way I suppose. I still would like a permit process of OC.

But, since that's not going to happen, I like the idea of Open Carry even if a few nutjobs OC too. I would hope the non-nutjobs > nutjobs, and we wouldn't have any problems we wouldn't otherwise have anyway. I like the fact that there's a deterrent for any 'funny business', because the way I see it the fact that someone is going OC results in protection (in the sense of it being a deterrent for shenanigans) not only for himself but the general populace within eyesight of the OC piece.