114 members have voted

1. 1. Should HB191 be passed?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he is the last one in a caprice or crown Vic.

It says "Freeway Patrol" across the back of his tru k lid.

He like to stop people and say their bike is illegal and they are improperly displaying plates. Recently, IIRC, he has stopped giantXTC twice and made copper1K go to court over his plates. DA threw it out. Buncha other folks been stopped too. I've passed him 100 times on 71 between morse and 270.

I think he is the last one in a caprice or crown Vic.

It says "Freeway Patrol" across the back of his tru k lid.

He like to stop people and say their bike is illegal and they are improperly displaying plates. Recently, IIRC, he has stopped giantXTC twice and made copper1K go to court over his plates. DA threw it out. Buncha other folks been stopped too. I've passed him 100 times on 71 between morse and 270.

oh ok....the guy im talking about likes to harass people during morning rush hour around 270/70 and 270/33 on the south/east side

If this passes' date=' which it won't, it cannot be enforced. Ohio doesn't have the budget/manpower to enforce a law like this. They can't even keep drunk drivers off the road, let alone catch all the speeding motorcycles. Ohio just had an 8th, or 9th, DUI violator kill someone with their car. He was in between convictions and was waiting for the courts to suspend his license. [/quote']

Scary. Some people never learn, and should be locked up. Seriously, how many times does it take?

This legislation is a big waste of time..and I'm all for government wasting time. This way they aren't passing seriously damaging laws.

I never looked at it that way, makes sense! Or, they could get busy doing something useful, like finding a way to reduce spending?

If this passes' date=' which it won't, it cannot be enforced. Ohio doesn't have the budget/manpower to enforce a law like this. They can't even keep drunk drivers off the road, let alone catch all the speeding motorcycles. Ohio just had an 8th, or 9th, DUI violator kill someone with their car. He was in between convictions and was waiting for the courts to suspend his license. [/quote']

I do like the yellow "Plate of Shame" Ohio issues. But I think we need to bring back the firing squad for people like that.

Paul I normally agree with you but I think this one has enough retard backing to actually pass. Especially since they are using Ms. Durbans name on it after she was tragically injured from an accident last year..... which coincidentally (sp?) had alcohol involved. Instead of attacking drunk driving, which would hurt Ohio revenue,they went after the fact he had a modified car and nitrous lines IN the car but no bottle.

It may pass' date=' but I don't see how it can be enforced. We don't even enforce the current laws.[/quote']

It may not be enforced but it does make the cop able to profile more. If a car or bike all alone on a road is doing 5 over the speed limit, street racing can be applied. Leave from a light and someone chirps a tire you may get profiled for it. Almost miss a corner and turn hard, inpounded. There are tons of different scenarios all up to the officer, and if he does decide to say you were street racing the judge is mandated to take your car/bike. Basically all your hopes and dreams are in the hands of an officer that may or may not be having a bad day. It efects the hot rod/ show guys right down to the ricer tard with the wing and fart can.

If it does pass I hope the decline in revenue from Good Guys and Mopar nationals leaving Ohio that they will realize the mistake.

This is their problem, I'm sure every one of them were stock, I am not. The latest was a 2006 GT convertible. I have out run a modded STi and also had my ass handed to me quite badly by a modded Evo. That was really cool to watch as he pulled away from me like I wasn't even there.

This is their problem, I'm sure every one of them were stock, I am not. The latest was a 2006 GT convertible. I have out run a modded STi and also had my ass handed to me quite badly by a modded Evo. That was really cool to watch as he pulled away from me like I wasn't even there.

If you're running with that crowd I'd think you'd be a fun race with me.

It may not be enforced but it does make the cop able to profile more. If a car or bike all alone on a road is doing 5 over the speed limit, street racing can be applied. Leave from a light and someone chirps a tire you may get profiled for it. Almost miss a corner and turn hard, inpounded. There are tons of different scenarios all up to the officer, and if he does decide to say you were street racing the judge is mandated to take your car/bike. Basically all your hopes and dreams are in the hands of an officer that may or may not be having a bad day. It efects the hot rod/ show guys right down to the ricer tard with the wing and fart can.

If it does pass I hope the decline in revenue from Good Guys and Mopar nationals leaving Ohio that they will realize the mistake.

This won't happen. There's a million threads on this subject from all over where laws are more strict than this. There's an easily distinguishable difference between things like unintentionally chirping your tires and "peeling out." This isn't anything new for law enforcement.

This won't happen. There's a million threads on this subject from all over where laws are more strict than this. There's an easily distinguishable difference between things like unintentionally chirping your tires and "peeling out." This isn't anything new for law enforcement.

other places, maybe. But since Ohio... especially Columbus.... has had an issue with it it will be abused. I can almost guarentee it, public is crying for blood of a tragedy that had alcohol involved on top of some actions of a young man earlier this year.

great, want a cookie?

other places, maybe. But since Ohio... especially Columbus.... has had an issue with it it will be abused. I can almost guarentee it, public is crying for blood of a tragedy that had alcohol involved on top of some actions of a young man earlier this year.

You guys do seem to have some dick traffic cops up there. I've had nothing but decent experience with the ones down here.

You guys do seem to have some dick traffic cops up there. I've had nothing but decent experience with the ones down here.

I mean dont get me wrong, I think street racing is extremely retarded but making street racing ( which has fewer deaths in a year than DUIs) a far more punishable offense than drunk driving... that seems overkill to me.

I agree Cbus cops/sheriffs dont have a sense of humor, most of them anyway.