Someone please post it....

Likwid

im suprised the amount of people that are hating on a "timeline". you act like its going to be this huge secret wehn troops are coming home. ill fuck a sheep if someone can withdraw 150,000 troops and combat equipment from a place the size of texas without anyone noticing...

not to mention that without a timeline, there is no urgency. in my AO right now, nobody (except the very few insurgents) wants us to leave. we provide security, bridges, roads, microgrants to start businesses...you think leaving like a ghost in the night is going to leave them in a good spot when they expect us to come to work in the morning? these motherfuckers are lazy. its coming to a stark reality when were gone and they might actually have to run their own country, so we should leave them off as best we can. how can we do that without giving them an ultimatum?

Timelines are fine (in secret and tweakable), but you cannot tell Iraq the day all troops will be gone. I don't think anyone here is believing a immediate withdraw in the middle of the night is gonna happen/a good thing. But to Pin point a day to leave is bad business. You do that and the bad guy only has to survive until that day, then open shop again.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Timelines are fine (in secret and tweakable), but you cannot tell Iraq the day all troops will be gone. I don't think anyone here is believing a immediate withdraw in the middle of the night is gonna happen/a good thing. But to Pin point a day to leave is bad business. You do that and the bad guy only has to survive until that day, then open shop again.

It's a target date and those bad guys are supposedly why we are there. If the bad guy can just hide until we leave, he'll do that no matter how long we stay. During that time they will just get better and better at getting around security forces that are there. In the mean time there will be no incentive for the local governments to do anything on their own with no "drop dead" date.

In the mean time there will be no incentive for the local governments to do anything on their own with no "drop dead" date.

I don't like timelines that are based upon 'time'. They should be results based. When we get to this point...this result...we will start the 1 year process to withdraw....something like that.

But what has gotten lost here is that Obama's timeline isn't a drop dead date. Sec Def Gates was before the Senate today saying the timeline is flexible and will be evaluated all along the way. Obama made the right call here, the political reality is that without this timeline the left would have gone apeshit and not supported him on this one and he might have had a REAL hard time getting funding.

First time since he took office that I actually support him 100 percent on how he played it. It was the best he could do. I only object to the tone of his speech. He was no were near strong enough. He did not drive home the point that victory was the only option well enough.

I don't like timelines that are based upon 'time'. They should be results based. When we get to this point...this result...we will start the 1 year process to withdraw....something like that.

But what has gotten lost here is that Obama's timeline isn't a drop dead date. Sec Def Gates was before the Senate today saying the timeline is flexible and will be evaluated all along the way. Obama made the right call here, the political reality is that without this timeline the left would have gone apeshit and not supported him on this one and he might have had a REAL hard time getting funding.

First time since he took office that I actually support him 100 percent on how he played it. It was the best he could do. I only object to the tone of his speech. He was no were near strong enough. He did not drive home the point that victory was the only option well enough.

Timelines are results based. Maybe it's better said, SHOULD be results based. They just don't make up some magic number. The target date, like with anything you set a timeline for, is based upon the amount of time it takes to accomplish a task or set of tasks. Of course when you hit the checkpoints or end dates you have decisions to make. Those decisions may be to alter schedule, or resources, or whatever maybe necessary to properly affect a plan.

I haven't been happy with his tone on a lot of things. There are things he needs to taken a much stronger tone with. Of course theres plenty I disagree with him on but unless he steps it up the democrats are going to waste time dreaming about unicorns and the republicans are going to continue to be obstructionists.

Timelines are results based. Maybe it's better said, SHOULD be results based. They just don't make up some magic number. The target date, like with anything you set a timeline for, is based upon the amount of time it takes to accomplish a task or set of tasks. Of course when you hit the checkpoints or end dates you have decisions to make. Those decisions may be to alter schedule, or resources, or whatever maybe necessary to properly affect a plan.

I haven't been happy with his tone on a lot of things. There are things he needs to taken a much stronger tone with. Of course theres plenty I disagree with him on but unless he steps it up the democrats are going to waste time dreaming about unicorns and the republicans are going to continue to be obstructionists.

I completely agree with everything you said, you said what I meant but did much much better. Except for the last 10 words. The repub's are irrelevant as they should be. The Dem's have the White House, the Senate and the House. They were given a massive mandate by the voters and they were given all the power they need to get it done. Please hold them responsible for anything that does not get done. If you don't then this madness will continue.

The Dem's blame the Repubs to get you all fired up. To create a target for your anger and to keep you from seeing that if things don't seriously change during this administration that it is 100 percent the Dems fault. No different than what Repubs do, but it is time we started facing the facts.

They are all the same.

Do you know how many times Bush went and visited wounded troops, without cameras present? Not saying he didn't do photo ops, but that is all Obama has done.

Look at it all British style -

Obama is more akin to the Queen of England than the Prime Minister.

He's playing the figure head of the nation, not the Political Leader of our nation.

He has "Czars" to do the decision making. You know, the actual hard stuff.

Look at it all British style -

Obama is more akin to the Queen of England than the Prime Minister.

He's playing the figure head of the nation, not the Political Leader of our nation.

He has "Czars" to do the decision making. You know, the actual hard stuff.

does the queen call a meeting and divide them up in groups then send them off and tell them to come back with ideas like a kindergarden class? :lol: