Rear View Bike Cam

ProudPops

Anyone heard of this? I met a guy at the store today on an 05 R6. He has the all black model, looks good. Anyway, while we're talking, he told me he has a rear view cam on order. You have to have the fender eliminator and the cam goes somewhere back there and it comes with a monitor that mounts on your dash. He said it's not meant to replace your mirrors but to give you the whole view of what's behind you.

I did get his name, he runs by Shadow, but I wish I got his number so I could see how it works when he gets it. He said he gos into IP often and will look up Clutch to talk to him about his bike. I was out of Streamline cards, so I had nothing to give him. Farva, mental note, more cards for Pops.

Pops

Not sure, but he said it's made specifically for bikes. I am so kicking myself in the ass for not getting his number so I can actually see it. Hopefully he'll look up Clutch @ IP and I can check it out, or he can. The other thing I was thinking about, wouldn't that be kind of busy? Maybe with my vision tracking my age, do I really want to take my eyes off of what is in front of me to focus on what no longer matters?

Pops

do I really want to take my eyes off of what is in front of me to focus on what no longer matters?

Pops

The only thing this would really help with is lane changes. I know sometimes I turn my head real far to check the blind spot and that is taking my eyes of the road for a second or two. As long as it was justv a quick glance I think it would be a good addition. Just dont stare at the damn thing. **This is also good for lookin at the hot chic behind you at the traffic light. She will never know. This way youre not turning around ten different times. Ha

I wonder if there is anyway you can record with this also? Could be beneficial in an accident or to record come buddies while they are stunting behind you.

Hey, I checked the above link and googled the company name on the camera, The MotoCam. Pretty cool sight. The guy is 27 and was rear ended on his bike. Came up with the idea and has several different products to offer. The other two opinions are worth considering, trying to see the screen with aging eyes, and checking out the hot chick behind you.

KB

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

how much was the screen? also, what inputs are on it (along with power?)

it all depends on what you are looking for, You can find them on Ebay for arounf 100ish for the screen

it runs on 12v...I just mounted the camera and ran all the power, still looking at a 4" screen....I got the 2.5" right now....

I just ordered the screen mount today