Ammo for your carry gun

Lost

. I went and took courses 2 (over again) and level 3 for the first time. With all this talk about home defense... level 3 was awesome because they teach you firing from cover, slicing the pie in rooms, and you go through live fire houses engaging multiple targets. Definitely worth checking out!

Where did you do this? This is something anyone can take, or job related?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember being quite annoyed having to take the stupid mandatory 12 hours of learnin to get my license, what a waste of time. I did it but asking for permission to defend myself just seems wrong, for me or anyone else. I carried prior to this latest licensing scheme and no one was harmed. I went through the license process with the mindset that it could minimize my time spent with government officials if I would somehow need to defend my life.

I didn't think I was but this was commented on more for the people who think the 12 hours isn't enough. I think it shouldn't be required at all and is a waste of time to make it mandatory. Alaska and Vermont have no such mandatory indoctrination scheme with very little fallout. I don't understand why people think others in our own state don't have the ability to do the same.

I didn't think I was but this was commented on more for the people who think the 12 hours isn't enough. I think it shouldn't be required at all and is a waste of time to make it mandatory. Alaska and Vermont have no such mandatory indoctrination scheme with very little fallout. I don't understand why people think others in our own state don't have the ability to do the same.

It's only fair given all the criminals that carry concealed make it a point to take the course and get their license. As good law abiding citizens we should do no less.

Hey set up a date and time and I will bring the milk jugs(hey I got four boys and lots of empty milk jugs) I like the power ball. I was recomended to me by the gun smith at my local shop. He said it feeds better into short barrel 9mm then the others he has tested. It feeds real clean like a fmj but expands like a jhp. they look a little weird with the polly ball in the hp. He showed me a bunch of slug fired into a 55gal drum of water, and the powerball looked the same as the corbon and a few others as far as expansion. And it is a little cheaper also.

Where did you do this? This is something anyone can take, or job related?

Anyone can take this, in fact a lot of their courses are directed towards the armed citizen. It's at Tactical Defense Institute. Here's a link to their website...

http://www.tdiohio.com/

You can do levels 1-3 in 3 days (Fri-Sun) 9-5 type thing for $450. Its well worth it and if you don't have your CCW, levels 1 and 2 will provide you with the necessary requirements to get that as well. I know you can get your CCW for MUCH cheaper but these classes cover a LOT more than just your basic CCW course. I think next year I'm going to try and go do levels 3-6 and maybe a tactical rifle course or shotgun course as well.

Anyone can take this, in fact a lot of their courses are directed towards the armed citizen. It's at Tactical Defense Institute. Here's a link to their website...

http://www.tdiohio.com/

You can do levels 1-3 in 3 days (Fri-Sun) 9-5 type thing for $450. Its well worth it and if you don't have your CCW, levels 1 and 2 will provide you with the necessary requirements to get that as well. I know you can get your CCW for MUCH cheaper but these classes cover a LOT more than just your basic CCW course. I think next year I'm going to try and go do levels 3-6 and maybe a tactical rifle course or shotgun course as well.

That sounds sweet. If I had 450 bucks, I'd jump all over that. Don't need it for my CCW, but I am always wanting to learn more tactical shooting/defense...Thanks DMG

Wow, and 1800 Rounds for the first 3 courses.

Edited by chevysoldier