Rep NOT temporarily disabled

e-flores

Yes its true, the rep. has been permanently disabled from this point on in ohioriders history.

The mods and admins have decided unanimously it would be best for the site in the long run for a few reasons.

1.This site has never had the intention of becoming a popularity contest, which is what we believe the rep system has turned us into. We are called ohioriders because we all live in, or around, the state of ohio. And yeah you guessed it we ride! Whether we have the intention of riding, have ridden for many years, or are still in the process of learning. Lately this site, for some, has been a place just to try and post ridiculous and out there junk in order to gain a few rep points. Either that or people are trying to one up each others post taking what started as a harmless joke into a blown out of proportion mess filling out our boards with nothing but clutter, once again in order to get some measly ole’ rep.

2.We have decided with popularity contest comes drama, which we all know this site needs less of.

3.We are a forum with all intentions of being centered on riding and riding in and around our community. Did we mention this already? The rep. system was a great way to figure out who you could go to for advice right off the bat especially for the newbs but now that we have the bar system that solves that problem and we don’t have a mess of things with members being overzealous trying to upgrade his/her status by posting random BS.

I hope everyone understands our intentions and respects this motion. Our intention isn’t just to make our members upset by stealing your hard earned rep. points, we are making a better ohioriders and making this a better place for all.

AND REP. MAY YOU REST IN PEACE!!!

Thanks for your understanding!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

mmm.... I kinda liked being able to leave comments for the poster, regardless of the rep... *sad face*

:trophy: for rep being gone, but sad face for not being able to leave private comments...

Yah I agree.... something like a PRIVATE ability to MESSAGE someone about a post?

;) I'd like to see the mod added that allows you to PM someone directly from a message and it quotes their message in the PM.... makes it much easier.

Yah I agree.... something like a PRIVATE ability to MESSAGE someone about a post?

;) I'd like to see the mod added that allows you to PM someone directly from a message and it quotes their message in the PM.... makes it much easier.

I see what you did here...:D

PMing is too much work, plus the box that you have to type in is too small :-/ I'd like to see a bigger box for PMing :) but, I liked just hitting a button on the post. I'm lazy, its cool

:lol: Poor Matt.

If you're going to the NEO party at RVT's you should swing by sometime and pick up this beer. I've a couple six packs of GL Christmas Ale you guys can have.

Yah, I was GOING to go but then the wife sprung a wedding on me.... apparently it's important I go because she's IN the wedding *sigh*

But now how will we know who to talk to?
The rep. system was a great way to figure out who you could go to for advice right off the bat especially for the newbs but now that we have the bar system that solves that problem

Matt, you really are killing me slowly. :p