Anyone on here a franchisee?

Jcroz91

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I call bullshit. There's so much wrong in this thread I can't begin.

I will say "go to college". You might then know what "liquid assets" might be, what a good business model would be, and why restaurants as businesses usually fail. And why "hard work for myself when I wouldn't do it for someone else" won't cut it.

And for God's sake use a spell checker. Your grammar and spelling are roughly 6th grade level. Don't feel bad, you aren't the only one. (Drunks and jokers excluded.)

well yeah im only a freshman. iv only got 10 credit hours so far. theres i have a while to decide. just want to do my research first.

well yeah im only a freshman. iv only got 10 credit hours so far. theres i have a while to decide. just want to do my research first.

Business or accounting major, or both. That's where you're headed if you want to do this. Stick with it, it's a slow steady process to build up progress toward owning your own business.

I can post and run a train at the same time via the cell. But I got an early quit, so I'm home now. Only 10 hours at double time:p

So that's what the kids are calling it these days... "don"t come in here! I'm pulling my train!"

If jcoz was someone posting under another name one of the staff would have surely called him/her out... unless it is one of the staff.

So that's what the kids are calling it these days... "don"t come in here! I'm pulling my train!"

If jcoz was someone posting under another name one of the staff would have surely called him/her out... unless it is one of the staff.

why would i have 2 names at the same time? idk what hes talking about

so a car or house. another words something the bank can hold over my head. that makes sense.

:wtf: wut? No, a car and house are not liquid assets. :rolleyes:

I will say "go to college". You might then know what "liquid assets" might be, what a good business model would be, and why restaurants as businesses usually fail. And why "hard work for myself when I wouldn't do it for someone else" won't cut it.

And for God's sake use a spell checker. Your grammar and spelling are roughly 6th grade level.

:plus1:

And for God's sake use a spell checker. Your grammar and spelling are roughly 6th grade level. Don't feel bad, you aren't the only one. (Drunks and jokers excluded.)

This.

But....he's too kool for skool.

:wtf: wut? No, a car and house are not liquid assets. :rolleyes:

ok so are u being sarcastic or not?

lol at thinking a car is a liquid asset.

its more of a drain than an asset...

well idk what an asset is... kinda why i asked?

This.

But....he's too kool for skool.

exactly... thats y im going to osu right now.:wtf:

I'll chime in.

Asset = ANYTHING of value. Cash, stocks, your car, baseball card collection.

Liquid asset = Cash, stocks, Money market account.

Liquidation = converting assets into cash, like selling your car or bike. You might have seen stores that are going out of business having "liquidation sales"

You have a lot of research to do. Alot of franchisses are owned by holding companies or management companies. You get a group of people together and each kick in about $200,000. So, upfront, not only will you need money be "awarded" a franchise, you'll need money for a location with room for seating and parking, (or build one), pay insurance, payroll, permits,utilities, menus,napkins, kitchen equipment, uniforms, the actual food and so on...Everything inside the 4 walls of the building is on you to provide/pay for.

So the $150K is just a small part of the actual cost.

To test the waters on your business ownership skills, start small, with like a lemonade stand or landscaping/snow plowing.

If you plan everything out, and surround yourself with great, motivated people, you MIGHT do well for yourself.

I'll chime in.

Asset = ANYTHING of value. Cash, stocks, your car, baseball card collection.

Liquid asset = Cash, stocks, Money market account.

Liquidation = converting assets into cash, like selling your car or bike. You might have seen stores that are going out of business having "liquidation sales"

You have a lot of research to do. Alot of franchisses are owned by holding companies or management companies. You get a group of people together and each kick in about $200,000. So, upfront, not only will you need money be "awarded" a franchise, you'll need money for a location with room for seating and parking, (or build one), pay insurance, payroll, permits,utilities, menus,napkins, kitchen equipment, uniforms, the actual food and so on...Everything inside the 4 walls of the building is on you to provide/pay for.

So the $150K is just a small part of the actual cost.

To test the waters on your business ownership skills, start small, with like a lemonade stand or landscaping/snow plowing.

If you plan everything out, and surround yourself with great, motivated people, you MIGHT do well for yourself.

yeah well i was considering doing a mobile oil changing type of thing. like people call me schedual and appt and ill come out and change their oil. but idk the surveys didnt show that too many people were interested.

Jcroz,

Life's going to teach you a whole lot....Pay attention and listen to smart people ignore the advice from ones that guess. As soon as you figure out which is which you'll be good to go.

+1