Need opinions

RSVDon

is this the bike? http://home.fuse.net/edge/racersedge/bike39.htm

I don't see much wrong with it. $4k isn't a terrible asking price. that's about $1300 a year depreciation.

if it didn't spin a rod bearing with that many miles on it, it's not going to. all the people that had failures were with almost new engines.

Edited by serpentracer

all right guys mcn is saying the 2006 is still worth between $5,431- $7,834. they are a little off because they say it was $12k new. can't seem to find anything else right now.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/bikereviews/searchresults/Bike-Reviews/Yamaha/Yamaha-YZF-R6-2006-current/

here's another one..can't seem to find any in usd. only uk pounds.

http://www.parkers.co.uk/motorbikes/used-prices/Valuation.aspx?plate=81&deriv=7427

even in poor condition they say it's worth 3,475pounds. which is $5,567 usd.

Edited by serpentracer

What part of salvage title did you not catch on to?

their site says if it has a salvage title that mean the insurance paid off the loan.

and like I told you before..maybe it came from a police auction where it automatically gets a salvage title.

a salvage title doesn't mean it's been destroyed and put back together.

find out why it has the title don't assume it's been destroyed and put back together.

a crashed bike doesn't mean it's destroyed, hell my bike would have been salvaged in 2004 because I crashed it.

it didn't harm the frame it broke and scratched every piece of plastic on it.

my bike has almost 40k 100% trouble free miles on it now.

Aren't that vintage of Yamahahahahahas known to kaboom?

I thought cf7x went through two or three motors of that year. So, your already better hope he has enough to drop a fat wad of cash to repair that on his salvage bike.

Cf7x had newer generation motors... They are known to blow at times, but you really only hear a lot of bad stories. There's PLENTY of good stories, too. Plus, one of the motors was built by someone and who knows how much time was on it - it easily could have timed out.

Remember, track stuff - especially built race/track stuff requires a shit load more servicing. The cost to maintain is higher and most guys aren't willing to pay to keep it that way...

The bike in question here is probably fine with those miles on it. But again, who really knows?

is this the bike? http://home.fuse.net/edge/racersedge/bike39.htm

I don't see much wrong with it. $4k isn't a terrible asking price. that's about $1300 a year depreciation.

if it didn't spin a rod bearing with that many miles on it, it's not going to. all the people that had failures were with almost new engines.

Again, it can time out. Just because it has that many miles doesn't mean it cannot still have issues. It could have been a theft recovery like you mentioned and was ragged to shit and back. It only takes a little to do a lot...

I think $4k is way too high. Again, for no more than $1k, he can find a newer one with less miles and been in better care...

Sounds like it is all a moot point, though...

I was hoping someone would chime in that has bought a bike from Racers Edge. I'm in the market for another bike and I've been eyeing that site very closely. If you want a late model sportbike you can't beat some of their deals. Although the salvage title thing has been a concern. Many of the bikes seem to be insurance write offs for minor damage and light scratches. As you can see from that one title RE bought the bike from an insurance company. I don't think that RE is into the fixing bike business. They sell a lot of bikes in various wrecked form, some missing plastics, radiators, and in need a a LOT of repair before road worthy. They do high volume turn around it appears.

I don't know what a commercial repair shop would charge to replace/fix scratched plastics and dented tanks. I know a tiny dent in a car can be $1k to repair. I'm sure most of the people on this site would just buy a set of $600 plastics off eBay and do the repair yourself.

I'm in the market for a liter bike and I've seen some amazing deals on some beautiful late model bikes on that site. It is so damn tempting....

P.S. My very first motorcycle, a Honda MB5 when I was 16 was crashed when I bought it. It needed new front forks and a front rim. My next door neighbor helped me fix it. Loved that little bike. 50ccs and it would go an honest 65mph....LOL

1982-honda-mb-5-2.jpg

Edited by ShankroidBeast
added a pic

http://www.ohio-riders.com/showthread.php?t=37247

Not an R6 but a much better buy espcially since its his first bike ... Clean title, less money, warranty, far better condition, member here youll know the history of the bike, a more reliable bike. Could go on but you get the point, prolly wont change his mind though I get the feeling he's hard headed and not open to input.

I was hoping someone would chime in that has bought a bike from Racers Edge.
I know many people who have. I have seen how they work. They get a shipment of 50+ bikes that they dont even look at first. They come in a massive truck and once unloades they look to see what they have. They have 2 giant warehouses in the back and one is full of bikes the other is full of bike parts. They just swap parts on good bikes and re-titlte them. On some of the ones that are not bad(like the r6)they just sell as is making a killing! They dont really do anything other than start the bike and ride it up the little road from their storage bldg to the showroom. Jason(the owner)is doing really really well for himself thats for sure! I would love to be set free in the warehouse with all the bikes to build a race bike. I have seen ohlins and other bad ass parts on some of the bikes he brings in. I have bought a dirt bike from there on the CHEAP and it was like new for 1/3 the cost. IF YOU KNOW WHAT TO LOOK FOR U WILL BE FINE,but u will never know the motors story till u ride it.

I know many people who have. I have seen how they work. They get a shipment of 50+ bikes that they dont even look at first. They come in a massive truck and once unloades they look to see what they have. They have 2 giant warehouses in the back and one is full of bikes the other is full of bike parts. They just swap parts on good bikes and re-titlte them. On some of the ones that are not bad(like the r6)they just sell as is making a killing! They dont really do anything other than start the bike and ride it up the little road from their storage bldg to the showroom. Jason(the owner)is doing really really well for himself thats for sure! I would love to be set free in the warehouse with all the bikes to build a race bike. I have seen ohlins and other bad ass parts on some of the bikes he brings in. I have bought a dirt bike from there on the CHEAP and it was like new for 1/3 the cost. IF YOU KNOW WHAT TO LOOK FOR U WILL BE FINE,but u will never know the motors story till u ride it.

Wow! Sounds like a cool deal to be on the inside of!