Weekend trip to the Gap?

Casper

At the VERY early stages of planning something for the end of May. I take the Ohio MSF May 22nd, so I want to have endorsement in hand before I start crossing state lines and into unfamiliar territory. I will have accommodation, for how many people is still unknown.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

goddamnit so much... I'm missing everything this year so far.

just take the test if it's going to make you miss the class, or consider taking the class at a nearby county. i had to do that when i took my classes since my county was full.

Me and a group of 20 other rider from 12 other states get together every year. We'll be there the first week of Aug. 2nd threw 6th. This is our 4 year doing this and have all meet from the net.

Here is my ride up the The Dragon last year.

Helmet cam is a Hodak v570

http://www.youtube.com/user/AmBushZx6R#p/u/7/d1GhSZ-Z7sw

It's old and he used a shit camera (best he had back then), but here's a vid that my friend Eddie took at the Gap...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp53I3kfqr8

I always say I'm gonna take some video when I go down there and then I never do as it's such a huge fuckin' hassle to mess around with cameras. But this time, I really want to take some as it's been years since I attempted to get any vid. Also need to take some video of the "off the bike" fun at the hotels...like ShittyGixer shittin' his pants in the hotel and losing the pudding leaf blower wars. He should have never messed with a professional. Those will be the best videos as all of the on bike stuff tends to look the same.

Edited by Earache

It's old and he used a shit camera (best he had back then), but here's a vid that my friend Eddie took at the Gap...

I always say I'm gonna take some video when I go down there and then I never do as it's such a huge fuckin' hassle to mess around with cameras. But this time, I really want to take some as it's been years since I attempted to get any vid. Also need to take some video of the "off the bike" fun at the hotels...like ShittyGixer shittin' his pants in the hotel and losing the pudding leaf blower wars. He should have never messed with a professional. Those will be the best videos as all of the on bike stuff tends to look the same.

we needed the helmet cam for when he tried to order frostys from dq

Well, pencil me in for the end of May Unfortunately for everyone here, I have to do some actual work in TN, so I'll be leaving the 26th and coming back June 1st. Trying to work out accommodations now. I won't be able to tow a trailer, we're taking a Sprinter van and putting 2 bikes in that, between that, our luggage, and gear we need for our factory that van will be pretty full.

This OR group trip is for July, the May one is a different group.

Doh! Nevermind.

I hear the dragon tail is closed dew to rock slides for a month

A small rock slide that'll close the road about 3 miles north of Deal's Gap for a day or so. Not a big deal at all. Easy to get around, etc.

A small rock slide that'll close the road about 3 miles north of Deal's Gap for a day or so. Not a big deal at all. Easy to get around, etc.

It will be back open on Saturday March 20th, so only two more days. But no easy way around it to the dragon from the north. You either go all the way around through Telico and the Skyway or you take 411 through the Smokey Mountain National Park and go around the other way. Ok, I will give you easy...it is easy..but it is a very long way around... :)