Weekend trip to the Gap?

Casper

It will be back open on Saturday March 20th, so only two more days. But no easy way around it to the dragon from the north. You either go all the way around through Telico and the Skyway or you take 411 through the Smokey Mountain National Park and go around the other way. Ok, I will give you easy...it is easy..but it is a very long way around... :)

Or ya take the Cade's Cove road(Parson's Branch) or Happy Valley Road and get there in 30 minutes....if it's north of Happy Valley. Fucked if it's south., then Cade's is your option.

Doesn't matter, like you said, be all gone in another day or two.

Edited by Earache

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or ya take the Cade's Cove road(Parson's Branch)

Parson's Branch road?!? You mean this road. I took a bike down that last summer. I am not exaggerating when I say it was the stupidest thing I have ever done in my life. It is not a road. It is a wide path cut straight up the side of the mountain then straight back down the other side. The river criss crosses it about 8 times on the way down and there is no bridges...the road just goes through the bottom of the river bed. Yes, you forge the stream on your bike.

Seriously, unless you are dual sporting it you can't do that road safely on a bike. Stupidest thing I have ever done.

3921053267_becd1d4283.jpg

And Happy Valley does not get you there. That hits 129 right by Foothills Parkway. The blockage is south of that spot, you would still be on the wrong side of the landslide.

Edited by Tonik

Parson's Branch road?!? You mean this road. I took a bike down that last summer. I am not exaggerating when I say it was the stupidest thing I have ever done in my life. It is not a road. It is a wide path cut straight up the side of the mountain then straight back down the other side. The river criss crosses it about 8 times on the way down and there is no bridges...the road just goes through the bottom of the river bed. Yes, you forge the stream on your bike.

Seriously, unless you are dual sporting it you can't do that road safely on a bike. Stupidest thing I have ever done.

3921053267_becd1d4283.jpg

sounds like my sumo will love that "road"

Sheeeit- we used to ride to the top of the Cherohala when it ended at the Tennessee / North Carolina line, Then rode a dirt road down into Robbinsville on sportbikes - it was about 9 miles or so. It won't kill ya - not like you do it all day fer fucks sake.

Quit being such a fuckin' pussy and man up a bit. Or ya can just stay home.

• 4 weeks later...
Sheeeit- we used to ride to the top of the Cherohala when it ended at the Tennessee / North Carolina line, Then rode a dirt road down into Robbinsville on sportbikes - it was about 9 miles or so. It won't kill ya - not like you do it all day fer fucks sake.

Quit being such a fuckin' pussy and man up a bit. Or ya can just stay home.

When do you want to go? I was thinking about heading down there this weekend. I have Monday and Tuesday off. Maybe head down Sunday morning?

• 4 weeks later...