50 degrees for saturday

joshfz.2008

I won't be riding. Bike has all plastics off waiting to be prepped and painted. Headlights are out and I need to adjust/sync the carbs before I take it out.

So, about an hour or so of work and you could have it back to where you can ride it. You're getting as bad on the excuses as I was when it was getting cold!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, about an hour or so of work and you could have it back to where you can ride it. You're getting as bad on the excuses as I was when it was getting cold!

I really don't want to ride it until it is done. That's my motivation to get it done. But see, unlike either of your bikes, mine runs :p

I'll be heading out into the Granville and Newark areas to meet someone for lunch and get a ride in. Nothing too special, just some time with my bike. I've ridden a couple of times this week and the roads haven't been too bad if you stay off the interstates with their huge potholes.

Did you get them runnin yet? One has 3/4 of a motor in it, the other doesn't start 90% of the time.

The one with "3/4" of a motor (valve covers are pulled, I didn't know that they were 1/4 of the motor :dunno:) is in my bay being worked on, and the one that doesn't start 90% of the time (starts 99% of the time, just takes some finesse to get the starter clutch to grab) is warmed up and been down the driveway (squid style, no helmet, under 20 MPH) ready to go now!

:D

I'll be heading out into the Granville and Newark areas to meet someone for lunch and get a ride in. Nothing too special, just some time with my bike. I've ridden a couple of times this week and the roads haven't been too bad if you stay off the interstates with their huge potholes.

Dude you stole my bike.

Man I just looked out my window. It may be in the high 40s but its overcast and the roads are still wet and muddy. Lame. Definitely not going for a ride.

F-dat.... I have all my gear out, I'm riding.

Just found out that the Hon-duh is staying parked though, I think I just averted a major crisis there! Story at 11, or after I ride the 250, and go grab the camera at home.

The rodas were still wet around here, so I wasn't riding it very hard. There's also some gravel left, so I wanted to be able to change my line in a corner to be able to miss any that might show up. Not to mention that roads being cold making traction not as good as warm riding.

I went out but only did 27miles, I don't have any good cold weather gloves and my fingers were to numb to go much farther but I had a blast!

Stayed close to home, rode around the West side of Hilliard and into Plain City, got it up into triple digits once, also learned that if you hit the

"speed humps" on Springdale Blvd in Hilliard at +54mph you can actually "jump" them, that was fun! :D

I went out but only did 27miles' date=' I don't have any good cold weather gloves and my fingers were to numb to go much farther but I had a blast!

Stayed close to home, rode around the West side of Hilliard and into Plain City, got it up into triple digits once, also learned that if you hit the

"speed humps" on Springdale Blvd in Hilliard at +54mph you can actually "jump" them, that was fun! :D

I found my fingers getting cold, but I wouldn't say numb. I DO have a decent pair of cold weather gloves, but they aren't heated, so the fingers still got cold. Then again, I didn't hit triple digits (not like the 250 would, even) since the roads are cold, and still not all the way dry. Call me chicken if ya want, I'm calling it being safe. :D

Then again, I didn't hit triple digits (not like the 250 would, even) since the roads are cold, and still not all the way dry. Call me chicken if ya want, I'm calling it being safe.

I like to pop that triple digit limit at least once when I go out for a ride , even if its just for a second or two :D

I like to pop that triple digit limit at least once when I go out for a ride ' date=' even if its just for a second or two :D[/quote']

That's not just something I like to do very often on the bikes I have. The 500 will do it, but it's not something that is very comfortable. Maybe on a newer bike like your's, but not on the old hoopty that I ride! It would be a stretch for the 250 to get there.

Dude you stole my bike.

haha... I noticed that too when I saw you on another thread. I think I've seen another one just like ours on here too.

My lunch meeting in Granville at Brews lasted longer than expected, so I only ended up riding there and back (total about 40 miles). I broke the 100 mark on an empty road on the way real quick, but took it pretty easy the rest of the time. Even still, I enjoyed it. :D:D:D

The 500 will do it, but it's not something that is very comfortable. Maybe on a newer bike like your's

yeah, I'm sure it's about the same on his, but an easy roll-on and a couple seconds is all it takes to get there on mine.

Edited by snodgrass23