My New Shop Security System

Todd#43

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was one of the reasons I picked the XD over the Glock. Feels kinda like an old .45 in my hand. Well, that and I got a smokin deal on it.

I looked at the XD's, didn't like how it felt in my hand. Got a good deal on my M&P, but it has NO safety, just my finger.

I looked at the XD's, didn't like how it felt in my hand. Got a good deal on my M&P, but it has NO safety, just my finger.

That's the same reason I picked my Walther over the Xd. The Xd is a very nice piece though. Nice purchase.

That's the same reason I picked my Walther over the Xd. The Xd is a very nice piece though. Nice purchase.

I usually base my hand gun purchases on what feels good. The XD seems a little "heavy" for its size, but it fits my hand well with the big magazine, and is adequate with the small one. I wanted a small .40 (or .45) and based on size, fit and price, this was the best deal going.

That's same deal with my Walther. I don't like how it feels without the mag with the finger lip on it. Makes a big difference.

I could see that on a small single stacked caliber like that little Karh 9mm. Not quite as bad on the XD, as its still kinda fat.

Is that the .40? I have the same but in 9mm. Get a peirce grip extension they are great for the short mag. I was dumb and bought the crossbreed and not the k holster. They are almost the same thing but mine was almost twice the price. Get some night sights for it and your good to go. did ya get it at vances? they had them new for $419.

Thats a nice security system, til you're not at the shop. ;)

Don't worry, theres a back up system in place for when I'm not there.

Do tell....
Is that the .40? I have the same but in 9mm. Get a peirce grip extension they are great for the short mag. I was dumb and bought the crossbreed and not the k holster. They are almost the same thing but mine was almost twice the price. Get some night sights for it and your good to go. did ya get it at vances? they had them new for $419.

Its a .40, and I paid less than you could get it for at Vance's or Kames, and didn't have to drive to Columbus to get it.

I'll have to look into the K Holster and see if that suits my needs. I'll pass on the night sights though. Waste of $$ in my opinion.

KHolster and Pearce grip extension

Grats on the great choice :)

I've looked at the Kholster on line (not in person yet) and I'm not too impressed. The Supertuck looks like a much nicer and better built rig. I'll have to get a look at both of them in person though to make a final determination. I'm a skinny fucker though, and trying to hide anything on my person isn't very easy.

DOn't Shoot Yourself.

(even though it wouldn't hurt my feelings if you did)

Nice piece though.

Thanks for the advice.

Don't you have another tail light to tint or something?

Why pass on the night sights? Thats the last thing I want for my xd. I hope to find a set at the gun show today? even though they won't be a great price. So where did ya get the smokin deal from then?

On a small hand gun I really find the sights somewhat superfluous. Spending the extra coin for the added bonus of being able to "see" them in the dark kinda adds insult to injury in my opinion.

I got if from a "friend of a friend" who recently got his FFL. Seems like he had spent a little too much on his "initial stocking order" and was getting some static from his wife. I basically got it for cost.

I'll pass on the night sights though. Waste of $$ in my opinion.

My M&P had them on it when I bought it. They guy I bought it from puts them on most all his guns. I really like them, I think they are actually easier to see in daylight as well. I really want the Crimson Trace laser grips, those are really nice.

nice! So you have a ffl you know I will remember that for future buys. Somewhat local to the northeast?

I know a few guys that have their FFL's. Some better than others, of course. Most of them are in the business to sell firearms though, and I wouldn't ask them for any kind of "favor" if you know what I mean.

For the record, I didnt go "looking" for this deal. The offer was presented to me, and I followed through. The way I look at it is if his wife was on his ass, I did him a favor.

My M&P had them on it when I bought it. They guy I bought it from puts them on most all his guns. I really like them, I think they are actually easier to see in daylight as well. I really want the Crimson Trace laser grips, those are really nice.

Any shooting you're going to do with a pistol like this would be at such close range I doubt you'd have the need (or the time) to set up an accurate sight picture. All those gizmo's seem like a waste of money to me.

I have the same gun and I LOVE IT. It shoots so smoothly and accurately, even with the small barrel. I got my IWB holster from these guys http://www.stonerholsters.com/ and its really nice. They can special make it for you if you want something special ie. a canted clip like I got. Enjoy the gun!