Which bike? Thoughts....

garysol1

Love it, that paint scheme is crazy, the white nose and tail sections were never stock, but from what I was told an option... Did you ask about them?

Good loooking bike, but never been a fan of all the decals, had mine removed when I got the body redone, the roadrunner etc.

CLEAN and SHINEY!!

The white nose and tail is standard on the Nicky Hayden replicas which this is. I agree with you on all the decals. The decals are all factory original though. Nothing extra has been added on to it including the Dunlap on the front fender. I am not crazy about them but I guess they will stay where they are...

Edited by garysol1

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like Ill have a long day in the truck this coming Monday. I am driving to Hagerstown Maryland to pick up my 04 RC. The guy with the bike can't meet me till 5pm so it will be long late drive home. Hopefully the weather will cooperate. I hate the idea of having a minty bike in the back of my truck getting plastered with road salt. Wish me luck.

Looks like Ill have a long day in the truck this coming Monday. I am driving to Hagerstown Maryland to pick up my 04 RC. The guy with the bike can't meet me till 5pm so it will be long late drive home. Hopefully the weather will cooperate. I hate the idea of having a minty bike in the back of my truck getting plastered with road salt. Wish me luck.

Secure it in the back of the truck, and then throw a tarp over it. Or ride it. :D

My thoughts as well. Blanket then tarp then LOTS of tape!!

Just be sure to keep the tarp tight over the bike, so the wind does not move the tarp around and create a sandpaper effect on the paint. A blanket over the bike first, should protect the paint.

The more I think about this ..... As long as the title is notarized and the notarized signature is the same as the seller listed then it should not matter whom I actually bought it from...... Correct? And as long as the seller info is not filled in

So the title was turned over to him and thus notarized. It doesn't matter if he tagged it or not. Now, you're getting it and he's turning the title over to you for money. That has to be notarized. I would give him a call and see if he can't get out of work long enough to hit a bank branch with you.

When you get home leave the bike in the truck and next day go to the nearest auto dealer who does 'out of state vehicle check'. It's about $5. You'll need that slip when you go see the title agent.

I'm a complete wreck until I hold a clear title with my name on it.

Not only did the guy not get tags, he didn't get a title that belongs to him. In my opinion.

I know people do this sort of stuff with titles, but it makes me nervous.

I wouldn't pay for it, or leave to go home, without a good title in your name.

I trade money for title at the nearest BMV/registrar. Makes me feel all better about it.

If you come back to Ohio without a valid vehicle title that has your name on it (not a notarized transfer of title), you're probably out of luck unless you go back. Worse, any negotiations might even have to be with the previous owner, the one who sold it to him. That would be bad.

In other words, if it's so darn easy for someone to do what he hasn't done with the title, why hasn't he done it in the first place? I'd make him transfer the title into his name, before he sold it to me.

edit: ok, I realize I don't really know a lot about buying a vehicle from out of state. It might be ok to bring just a notorized title back, but not the one that he has notorized for his use, not yours. Which is why I just go to a BMV/registrar and do whatever they say needs to be done, to get it right.

Disclaimer: some states don't recognize motorcycles after a certain age, and give only a bill of sale, not a title.

Edited by ReconRat

Interesting... I just looked at the Maryland MVA (Maryland Vehicle Administration) website. In Maryland, a vehicle inspection is required for all used vehicles, when transferring titles into the new owner's name. That would be something the current owner has not done, I would think. So I'm guessing that if he doesn't have a valid title in his name, it would take some time to actually get one, given that he actually has to do a vehicle inspection in Maryland. I doubt that motorcycles are exempted.

MVA titling information for used vehicles

Edited by ReconRat

The more I think about this ..... As long as the title is notarized and the notarized signature is the same as the seller listed then it should not matter whom I actually bought it from...... Correct? And as long as the seller info is not filled in

I think you mean as long as the buyer info is not filled in...

Most states would say no to that, because they collect sales tax on the transaction. They would want the money for both transactions. If you have to pay the tax on a vehicle purchase out of state, you'll probably need proof of that when transferring title back in Ohio, or they just might ask for it to be paid again. You're only supposed to pay it once, in one state or the other.

I think you mean as long as the buyer info is not filled in...

Most states would say no to that, because they collect sales tax on the transaction. They would want the money for both transactions. If you have to pay the tax on a vehicle purchase out of state, you'll probably need proof of that when transferring title back in Ohio, or they just might ask for it to be paid again. You're only supposed to pay it once, in one state or the other.

Correct, I meant buyers info......I'll be paying the tax to Ohio not to the seller as it is a private individual.

So the saga continues. I spoke to the seller today and indeed the title is still in the previous owners name with no notary and the previous owner is in Dubai. So good by 04 RC51......and hello 05. Tomorrow I am off to Michigan (Flint) to grab this beauty.....Original owner with a clean title and supposed to be immaculate perfect condition....as new.

ShaneRC513-1.jpg

ShaneRC518.jpg