Apple's announcement today

Casper

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Gizmodo guys are hilarious. I love reading their articles.

Joel, while it’s true most gingers have souls, it’s undertermined if Matt Buchanan does. My money is on him stealing the soul of an intern when we weren’t looking.

I'm digging it. Would be good to take on my motorcycle trips.

Yeah, i bet it's really durable. :rolleyes:

said friend who invents/sells accessories and apps for the iPhone is on his third. Neither of the first two took more than a low drop before they were toast.

Yeah, i bet it's really durable. :rolleyes:

said friend who invents/sells accessories and apps for the iPhone is on his third. Neither of the first two took more than a low drop before they were toast.

Mine took a swim in a pool, and gets dropped daily. Never had a problem.

appletabletb340.jpg I'd rock one.

It looks like a giant, goofy looking IPod Touch. My coworkers and I were all basically like "Is that it?"
That's what everyone has said it would be for the past two years or so. And it took you by surprise? :lol:

"iPad" ? Really? Sounds like something the distaff side would use once a month...

I don't hate Apple - they make nice stuff - it's just overpriced, and in this case poorly named.

"iTablet" or even "Newton Redux" would be better.

That's what everyone has said it would be for the past two years or so. And it took you by surprise? :lol:

By surprise? Not sure I indicated it caught us by surprise.

I'm sure the fan boys will love this, but why it even needed an announcement for being nothing but a big, goofy IPod Touch that is "what everyone has said it would be for the past two years or so" is beyond a number of us.

Honestly I was hoping it would be a bit larger by a couple of inches with a faster processor.

iPad sounds like a merger between Kotex and Apple, kind of fitting. Wonder if they have settled the trademark dispute with Fujitsu over the name.

WiFi only - 16GB $499, 32GB $599, 64GB $699

WiFi only + 3G - 16GB $629, 32GB $729, 64GB $829

CRIPES! All that for what is basically a giaant ugly iPod Touch? I'm not even saying this as an Apple hater, but I think this thing will be a swing and a miss. Big initial sales from the faithful and then a slow death. Counter argument?