The World's most powerful production motorcycle

chachi1189

http://www.gizmag.com/the-vyrus-987-c3-4vv-the-worlds-most-powerful-production-motorcycle/13975/

Pretty cool...i'm not big on naked bikes but this thing is pretty sweet!

Check out the photos btw and you'll notice something interesting about the front wheel and bars...

but 90k is ridiculous...

i dont think you'll be doing 200mph on any production bike unless it's geared pretty ridiculous like.

skimming the pics and article, it appears the front suspension is basically a modified version of a conventional rear suspension from any old sportbike. what's so scary about it? i mean, other than the fact that you want to go 200mph, which that in it of itself is scary.

bi-mota has several bikes that used a similar concept.... i don't think ive heard of one falling apart at high speed.

270 bhp from the factory? I'd say that's the most powerful production bike. ;)

where did you see 270? I read the article twice and only found a 211 hp model... MTT is available in a 420 hp flavor

211 is just 18 more than a bone stock 2010 zx-14, and for the cost of this thing, you could pay msrp for zx-14's and almost manage a different one for every day of the week. (though I'm sure any dealership would be happy to unload 7 of them to you for 90k, buying in bulk like that.)

Ok so on the very same page touting that bike as the most powerful ever, there is a link to this bike: http://www.gizmag.com/asphaltfighter-stormbringer-280-bhp-motorcycle/13648/ under the title "The AsphaltFighter Stormbringer - 280bhp production motorcycle".

Accurate journalism at its finest :p

What are the standards for production? I mean, the Boss Hoss has a Corvette motor in it and they produce them in amounts per year, right? Is there a limit and is there a set of guides they follow to come up with that?

My feelings are that you need to do 100-200 per year to be considered "produced"...

What are the standards for production? I mean, the Boss Hoss has a Corvette motor in it and they produce them in amounts per year, right? Is there a limit and is there a set of guides they follow to come up with that?

My feelings are that you need to do 100-200 per year to be considered "produced"...

It seems 1 produced bike lol

I have about $10,500 in my turbo busa that has 240 HP

The most intelligent quote I think I've ever read on a forum. Beat me to it ;)

On pump gas 1000cc engines won't go much beyond the 200hp mark that BMW has set. I think forced induction is the next phase of superbikes. Can't believe there has not been a REAL production bike that has it. Sure a lot of cool rare bikes, but nothing like a zx10 with a turbo.

Edited by ShankroidBeast

i dont think you'll be doing 200mph on any production bike unless it's geared pretty ridiculous like.

skimming the pics and article, it appears the front suspension is basically a modified version of a conventional rear suspension from any old sportbike. what's so scary about it? i mean, other than the fact that you want to go 200mph, which that in it of itself is scary.

bi-mota has several bikes that used a similar concept.... i don't think ive heard of one falling apart at high speed.

BAHAHAHAHAHA hitting 200 on a stock 1000 or bigger is EZ, who wants to go 200?!?! who doesent?

BAHAHAHAHAHA hitting 200 on a stock 1000 or bigger is EZ, who wants to go 200?!?! who doesent?

you're just that much moarr baller than i am. i can only do 140-150 at mid ohio before i puss out lol